Importing Stored Values From a File

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
beetyjooce

Hey guys,

First time trying to import stored values from a file but it's just not working.

I followed the instructions in this post https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/impo ... bet-angel/ and have dug into as much of the user guide as I can to figure out the issue to no avail.

There are no issues with the file apparently and I can see that the automation is firing, but it's not storing the values.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?
DanTheMan1

Yes me too, we really could do with some help on this topic. Hopefully somebody could give us a step by step instead of a link to a post that I have tried a million times. :D Fingers crossed!
sniffer66

I've done quite a lot of work with these, and it's my solution that Peter links to in that article, so happy to take a look.

The best solution is probably to post up your import CSV in this thread and can take a look.

One question, do you have box ticked on the import file to show any SVs imported in the log ? If so, I assume that's showing no entries
Nhouse1234

I’ve also got this problem.
I am confident the csv is set up correctly (storing 1/0 for football scorelines)
But when it tries to read either says - locked or an error in row 18 with date???

I’ve used the example file as well to test and works fine with the example data, but when I substitute my data and sv names it still reads in the original example data! Even though I have overwritten.

Feels like I am missing something obvious?
sniffer66

Nhouse1234 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:43 pm
I am confident the csv is set up correctly (storing 1/0 for football scorelines)
But when it tries to read either says - locked or an error in row 18 with date???

I’ve used the example file as well to test and works fine with the example data, but when I substitute my data and sv names it still reads in the original example data! Even though I have overwritten.

Are you only editing the csv in Excel ? As a start, open the csv using notepad as sometimes Excel transposes dates etc based on cell formatting. Notepad will show the raw csv. You might see something obvious that way. On the locked question, you've obviously closed and saved your edited csv ? Could you have accidentally created 2 import rules that are trying to
run at the same time ?
Nhouse1234

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:26 pm
Nhouse1234 wrote:

Are you only editing the csv in Excel ? As a start, open the csv using notepad as sometimes Excel transposes dates etc based on cell formatting. Notepad will show the raw csv. You might see something obvious that way. On the locked question, you've obviously closed and saved your edited csv ? Could you have accidentally created 2 import rules that are trying to
run at the same time ?
Thanks for the fast reply !

So locking - can the CSV not be open ? My automation does this:
Guardian is linked to the 'normal' BA spreadsheets so I can grab odds for home, away & u2.5
Those odds are fed into an existing excel I have which calculates the 5 most likely scorelines using historic information
I want those scoreline to be written to the csv
Guardian imports those scorelines
My automation then does the rest (places a dutch bet on the 5, lays off some of the liability at HT & 75 mins).

So I need the csv to be open as data needs to be transferred to it as the days trading progresses.

With the values not transferring - does there have to be an actual comma between the values? the example csv - there is not, but in some of the posts I have been researching to fix this problem - there are.?
sionascaig

Nhouse1234 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:58 pm

So I need the csv to be open as data needs to be transferred to it as the days trading progresses.
It needs to be closed for your automation to read it, hence the "locked" messages.
sniffer66

Nhouse1234 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:58 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:26 pm
Nhouse1234 wrote:

run at the same time ?
Thanks for the fast reply !

So locking - can the CSV not be open ? My automation does this:
Guardian is linked to the 'normal' BA spreadsheets so I can grab odds for home, away & u2.5
Those odds are fed into an existing excel I have which calculates the 5 most likely scorelines using historic information
I want those scoreline to be written to the csv
Guardian imports those scorelines
My automation then does the rest (places a dutch bet on the 5, lays off some of the liability at HT & 75 mins).

With the values not transferring - does there have to be an actual comma between the values? the example csv - there is not, but in some of the posts I have been researching to fix this problem - there are.?
Yes, the csv needs to be closed during reads. Could you possible create a copy of the entire file after each update and get BA to read that ?

Also CSV, stands for Comma Separated Values, so yes you do need a comma between each :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”