Volume Trend

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
nathan156

Good morning all

I'm relatively new to sports trading and to Bet Angel and I would like to ask for some advise from the seasoned traders on here. I've spent the past few weeks working my way through the academy and watching most of the videos on the YouTube as I slowly get to grips with the software and overall markets. I've been trading Horse Racing as I enjoy the sport and I have have had some reasonable success with my small betting bank while I practice trading, albeit small profits, but still a profit, £2-3 a day on average.

I have been trying to spot signs of where the market is going to move and thus backing and laying accordingly, close to crossover points on specific markets where I think there is a opportunity, as opposed to seeing a market move and jumping on the back of a trend. My question is on the graphs in terms of volume, are there any indicators to identify where a market could move for example, if a horse gets back in and at the bottom of that trend there is a lot of volume, could this be an indication of the marketing moving up or down.

I have also been recording each market I have traded for the type of race to try and identify trends based on, race type, liquidity, price, percentage movement.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”