What variables can I automate pre-race

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Tiger

Am I right in thinking that for pre-off race trading the only things I can realistically use as variables in automation for every race are stall draw/trap, distance and price.

There are no other variables which apply to every race is there? I've excluded things like trainers and jockeys because they differ from race to race.
jamesedwards

Tiger wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:18 pm
Am I right in thinking that for pre-off race trading the only things I can realistically use as variables in automation for every race are stall draw/trap, distance and price.

There are no other variables which apply to every race is there? I've excluded things like trainers and jockeys because they differ from race to race.
Here's a few more; traded volume, available volume, book%, weight of money, number of runners, minutes to off, track variance, surface, going, race type and grade.
Tiger

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:39 pm
Tiger wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:18 pm

Here's a few more; traded volume, available volume, book%, weight of money, number of runners, minutes to off, track variance, surface, going, race type and grade.
Yes of course! I think maybe I didn't pose the question very well.

I'm thinking of things which would happen in pretty much every race on the days card regardless of race venue or what's going on in the betting market, so not changeable e.g weight of money, the going or course direction.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”