Fill/kill when offsetting

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Fugazi

I've read the manual but can't understand how to set this up correctly!!

I want to set an offset with stop loss, but the second bet is placed ONLY when the first bet is fully filled

EG: Back bet placed at 2.5
once bet fully matched
offset will then place the lay bet at 2.3

I need this setting because when I'm using a stop loss, sometimes the market changes and the lay bet in this example gets matched first, but then the price keeps shortening and I end up with a huge loss because the software only has the stop loss set for the back bet, not the lay bet!!

The manual says to use fill/kill for this. But it seems I am only setting it to kill the initial bet after x amount of time, when what I'm trying to get it to do is wait until the initial bet is matched before placing the second (offset) bet.
Derek27

Fugazi wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:20 pm

I want to set an offset with stop loss, but the second bet is placed ONLY when the first bet is fully filled

once bet fully matched

I need this setting because when I'm using a stop loss, sometimes the market changes and the lay bet in this example gets matched first, but then the price keeps shortening and I end up with a huge loss because the software only has the stop loss set for the back bet, not the lay bet!!

The manual says to use fill/kill for this. But it seems I am only setting it to kill the initial bet after x amount of time, when what I'm trying to get it to do is wait until the initial bet is matched before placing the second (offset) bet.
If you use fill or kill, the offset shouldn't get placed until the initial bet is matched, or partially matched if you're using batches.
Fugazi

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:02 pm
Fugazi wrote:

once bet fully matched

If you use fill or kill, the offset shouldn't get placed until the initial bet is matched, or partially matched if you're using batches.
Ohhhh! I didn't put 2 and 2 together and combine the batches with the other settings 🤦🤦

Thank you. No more throwing the computer out of the window when the market moves too quick for me!
Dallas

Fugazi wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:02 pm
Fugazi wrote:

once bet fully matched

Ohhhh! I didn't put 2 and 2 together and combine the batches with the other settings 🤦🤦

Thank you. No more throwing the computer out of the window when the market moves too quick for me!
Just for future reference the FAQ section on the forum is handy for finding answers to common questions like these
viewforum.php?f=47

Using the search box you can search for exactly what you want
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817

You can also use the Bet Angel AI chat assistant, which is very good at giving detailed answers to a wide range of queries
https://www.betangel.com/support/ai-support-center/

Here's the answer given when I typed in title of this topic you've used 'Fill/kill when offsetting'
Screenshot 2024-01-19 155215.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fugazi

I didn't put enough faith in testing the AI chat feature, assumed it would be turd. I will use a lot more of it thank you!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”