BA newbie looking to automate football

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jorgenb

Hi all! I'm a newbie here, but have used BF Bot Manager for years. I've been reading automation documents in this forum, but I'm a little overwhelmed. Therefore I wonder if anyone would like to help me out with the following.

I want to Back a First Half Goal at a certain minute in-play.

For each of my potential games, I want to check that 5 minutes before kick-off the FHG odds is between odds X and odds Y. X and Y differ from game to game. I'm an experienced Excel user, so if I can import them from Excel it would be great. Additionally I want O2.5 to be less than 2.0

Thanks guys

Jorgen
ODPaul82

Two ways you could go about it
  • Doing VLOOKUPs with the Excel automation just remembering to trigger the clearing of cells. You'd need to have 2 markets loaded in to cover the 2.5 part
  • Import listing of matches via CSV (there's an automation rule to import data) with stored values for x and y then trigger off bets if x & y is in the range and also checking the value in the 2.5 market

This would help with the 2nd option
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/impo ... bet-angel/
jamesg46

I can’t help you with anything specific but I highly recommend something to explore… it’ll pay in the long run. Tigerspreadsheets, you’ll find some great content on his YT channel.
jamesg46

https://youtu.be/BClSrUnkv-U

Good video, one of many!
MaxBettor

jorgenb wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:08 pm
Hi all! I'm a newbie here, but have used BF Bot Manager for years. I've been reading automation documents in this forum, but I'm a little overwhelmed. Therefore I wonder if anyone would like to help me out with the following.

For each of my potential games, I want to check that 5 minutes before kick-off the FHG odds is between odds X and odds Y. X and Y differ from game to game. I'm an experienced Excel user, so if I can import them from Excel it would be great. Additionally I want O2.5 to be less than 2.0

Thanks guys

Jorgen
I am currently learning both Bet Angel and BF Bot Manager because I read that the BF Bot Manager is the best SW for automation while Bet Angel is the best overall package. Can you confirm that BF Bot Manager is indeed more capable than Bet Angel for automated betting? Because if not, I would of course rather learn just Bet Angel.
sniffer66

MaxBettor wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:46 am
jorgenb wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:08 pm

Thanks guys

Jorgen
I am currently learning both Bet Angel and BF Bot Manager because I read that the BF Bot Manager is the best SW for automation while Bet Angel is the best overall package. Can you confirm that BF Bot Manager is indeed more capable than Bet Angel for automated betting? Because if not, I would of course rather learn just Bet Angel.
BetAngel is far better for automation but has a steeper learning curve. If you want simple, menu driven then the one you mentioned is OK, and has the benefit of having built in stats for some sports (footy). If you plan a lot of automation in the future and need to replicate what you do manually, nothing comes close to BA. BA knowledge will future proof you far better

Edit: Just to clarify, I have both so have the experience to comment

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”