Lay fave but not if clear fave... how to set up

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
tomek154

Long time since i've posted here as my automation has been chugging along nicely in the background, however i'm trying something new at the mo but have gone blank as to how to set it up.

Outline as follows: I need to be placing a lay bet on the favourite which is fine, but the bit that is baffling me is i need to it to NOT place the bet if the fave is a clear favourite, ie if its 2.0 and the next in the market is like 6.0 or upwards. What condition can i set to address this or is there any other way to handle it ? My bets are placed in the last few seconds before race time.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for any help.
Derek27

tomek154 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:43 am
Long time since i've posted here as my automation has been chugging along nicely in the background, however i'm trying something new at the mo but have gone blank as to how to set it up.

Outline as follows: I need to be placing a lay bet on the favourite which is fine, but the bit that is baffling me is i need to it to NOT place the bet if the fave is a clear favourite, ie if its 2.0 and the next in the market is like 6.0 or upwards. What condition can i set to address this or is there any other way to handle it ? My bets are placed in the last few seconds before race time.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for any help.
Decide what criteria you want to define your price gap, i.e. ticks or percentage. Sort the selections into price order. Then place a condition in the rule that fires your bets to check the price gap does not exceed your criteria.

For example, back price > (lay price - n ticks).
mickypaul72

This should work with adjustments

download/file.php?id=4491
tomek154

Thanks for the replies both of you, much appreciated, that's helped big time. Thanks again

Tom

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”