Is football trading dead? Or is it just waiting for a killer algorithm?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.

Got a second-half LTD weapon with an 86% success rate?

Full automation? Set it and forget it profits?
81%
Manual trading? Outsmart the market with lightning-fast picks be flexible?
15%
Paid picks channel? Share the wealth and build a community?
4%

Total votes: 26
psychoff

I have known the topic owner in person for many years—no question about his genuineness. He was one of the best football traders I have ever known and has been working on some stats-based automation algorithms for the last few years. I strongly recommend following his studies for those interested in stats-based trading/betting. Unfortunately, I have never been one of those:)
sniffer66

3virgul14 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:45 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:59 am
3virgul14 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:22 am
It is all for free, we have been sharing the picks of this algorithm for more than 3 months, over 200 selections so far so no need to get nervous. No pickpocketing here :ugeek:

I will also share them here as I can ..

Btw Peter, you are one of the industry pioneers for selling trade related tools and courses, I dont think its a shame if anybody sells information in exchange for monetary tools.. :mrgreen:
For free is good, and gives it a chance to prove itself with no risk. You'll always get the types of responses above though, when there are so many scammers out there.

Do you plan to monetise it at some point in the future once it's proved itself ?
It has proved itself long ago. There is a growing pressure to monetise it from the following crowd , that`s why I was brainstorming about it here in the 1st place.

As it comes to the types of responses above , it`s the problem of ignorant forum members. If you just click on my profile, I am a 13 year active member here , have been trading full time for 11 years and my contribution has been genuine in most topics. That shouldnt be hard to spot before you label someone as scammer. Pure bollocks.

Thanks for the intelligent replies though. :idea:
My point was, people need it proving to them personally, giving them the option to run it themselves for free is a vote winner for me. I wasn't implying you were a scammer, just that there are many out there, so people are necessarily cautious

And a Psychoff endorsement is going to count for a lot
arbitrage16

This looks interesting. Have had a look at your results and certainly of late there has been some consistency.

But there were a couple of rough patches earlier in December. Do you attribute that to variance, or have adjustments been made?
frankbet

the question is always the same, why share a method that generates money?

You earn more money yourself than by wasting time sharing with others. As well as many other factors that you surely know.
Sorry if I'm skeptical, but I'm sincere.
arbitrage16

frankbet wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:05 am

You earn more money yourself than by wasting time sharing with others. As well as many other factors that you surely know.
If the sharing of the approach isn’t to the detriment of the bottom line, then why wouldn’t you share? A steady source of income for sharing part of an edge, makes total sense.

Not every edge is blunted by sharing it.
frankbet

arbitrage16 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:26 pm
frankbet wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:05 am

If the sharing of the approach isn’t to the detriment of the bottom line, then why wouldn’t you share? A steady source of income for sharing part of an edge, makes total sense.

Not every edge is blunted by sharing it.
Someone could copy the strategy you use and therefore competition in the market is created = less value in the market.

Especially if it is an automatic method based on statistics you can copy it “easily”.

So I would keep it to myself, in no time you can become a millionaire. :D.

Obviously this is my point of view, I don't call myself an expert.

I'm curious what "3virgul14" thinks
arbitrage16

I was on this service for a few weeks but left recently. My review would be that the alerts are pretty decent - picks out games you’d not have on your scanner and is pretty consistent with the strike rate.

For me the problem is the guy who runs it and the group in general. I’m an experienced trader by this point, but there’s always something to be learned. But any time people were asking questions in the group, the main guy would basically tell people to shut up and focus on the alerts. Felt negative.

Rather than helping people in the group, and you know, actually offering a ‘service’ he’d post these lame obviously AI generated messages about creating a trading ‘legacy’.

A few people left at the same time as me and the subscriber numbers were falling so I think a few in there thought similar - could be good, but the culture was off.

Return to “Football trading”