Improvements to bot?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Fugazi

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:43 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:35 pm
Sorry not.fully.read the thread.

My question / criticism would be why specifically those odds? Is there some.analysos behind it? Does it work all markets ?

Otherwise youre just trading randomly and will be eaten by comission and losing out a lot of profit locking in a trade for a short profit, but big losses when you dont match

Also, interesting download to replies ratio. Shame a lot of lurkers arent more active on the forums (appreciate some just wont wanna clog the thread with thank yous).
It was posted in the spirit of helping the OP to get a bot working and be able to tweak and improve upon. Much like the many Dallas has done over the last few years.

FWIW it's worth, In-play is awkward to do with a bot that opens and closes a trade. You're fighting the in-play delay and fast moving odds along with some that have faster pictures or use TPD.

IMO, the Bet Angel in-play trader is best to use, especially when L2B and used for the manual entry letting the software close out the trade. The key, as with any strategy, is to find the right type of runner(s) and the right odds range.
Yeah the question was aimed at OP, nonetheless looking forward to having a mess with it and the in play trader
starjock

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:50 pm
jimibt wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:42 am
apologies, i no longer have a BA subscription, otherwise would dive in and help. maybe one of the BA active members could jump in and have a look. I do recall this being a pretty useful ruleset and strategy.
I think perhaps the issue is the back bet trigger requires the signal "percentcomplete" to be >50 and <90, but as far as I can tell the rules file only ever sets this signal to 0, 50, or 90. Unless I'm missing something, it will therefore never trigger.

Capture 27.PNG

Presumably the condition should be "Signal percentcomplete for the market = 50", and the <90 condition should be removed ???
Thanks for that info I added the conditions you suggested . However I get this line on the log file ""Automation Signal for 9. Miss Italiana: wasintop2 = 1"" Im not sure what it means
jimibt

starjock wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:57 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:50 pm
jimibt wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:42 am
apologies, i no longer have a BA subscription, otherwise would dive in and help. maybe one of the BA active members could jump in and have a look. I do recall this being a pretty useful ruleset and strategy.
I think perhaps the issue is the back bet trigger requires the signal "percentcomplete" to be >50 and <90, but as far as I can tell the rules file only ever sets this signal to 0, 50, or 90. Unless I'm missing something, it will therefore never trigger.

Capture 27.PNG

Presumably the condition should be "Signal percentcomplete for the market = 50", and the <90 condition should be removed ???
Thanks for that info I added the conditions you suggested . However I get this line on the log file ""Automation Signal for 9. Miss Italiana: wasintop2 = 1"" Im not sure what it means
that will be a stored value that would have been set to track runners odds and positions. that particular signal would have been tracking when a runner entered one of the top 2 positions. I think i used to use this right at the death of the race and would use it to place LAY bets on any runner that had that signal set... just from memory - long time ago :D
starjock

Thanks Jim, I was thinking it was an error message

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”