Scalping if the VWAP% is 10% Greater or Less than the Current Price using IP% - Guardian Automation Bot

NotBothered

I think the simplest way to understand it is this.

If your betting a race with 8 runners - all high quality trainers the best jockeys and the track is good -- as one runner tightens or blows out - another says well - there is value now I will take the other side -- so markets absorb money and adjust - and you can scalp these markets

now you compare that too

a maiden hurdle with 5 runners - 2 have no hope - 1 is ridden by a good jockey and the other 2 by apprentices .... it is more natural for the market to say well - we are only backing one runner and nothing else .. therefore trying to scalp that runner is flawed with danger - unless your using an MA Breakout model

So that is why I say -- Make 5 versions of mine for different sorts of markets and pick and choose based on the market --- do not try and use 1 for all markets

I think this explanation makes the most sense
NotBothered

So instead of running as an automation -- set up 5 versions - and run it as a servant -- and activate it based on what your seeing

then you can look at the results and fine tune the values further - or say no it needs version 2 instead

finally once you have done this enough where it is working -- then add the conditions into the model and run it as an automation.
NotBothered

Fugazy

I also got that other one I just posted on working - the thing is it can only do 1 scalp per market .. anyway you can read my comments and see if you can get it working as well -- I cannot post my completed automation on that one - as that will be end of my liquidity on it
Fugazi

NotBothered wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:40 am
Fugazy

I also got that other one I just posted on working - the thing is it can only do 1 scalp per market .. anyway you can read my comments and see if you can get it working as well -- I cannot post my completed automation on that one - as that will be end of my liquidity on it
Thank you

Seems to me your are posting some valuable content being overlooked.

I'll have to spend some time processing all this and do some out of the box thinking
NotBothered

for sure

it is best to do it market by market so you can observe what is correct and what is not - then change the settings

VWAP and the values allows you to trade at the bottom or top - but it still can overshoot - so you need to figure out those situations -- as discussed above - sometimes it is the race itself and other times it is other issues

Also the use of stop losses which I try not to use - if done restricts the races you can use it on because markets can whip around quite quickly and trigger you ... I think a volatility filter is essential for the long term - so you can avoid certain positions and increase accuracy.

(and my volatility idea is more based on average tick move in one direction vs average tick move in the other - over a period of time .. and not just pure volatility - because for scalping that is more important)

OK as usual when I post things - there is always people who want to say - it should be this or that - but post no information on their own .. to help people resolve their issues.

good luck with it I will not be back for some time.
NotBothered

OK having worked on another project some of the things I have seen affect the use of this VWAP thing

when you track flows of funds and prices over time the quality of the data is different

So as money comes into the market and price moves quicker - the bands in my case are not adapting quick enough and that is why race selection is so important - and the time you set things up to operate at.

this may or may not make sense to you -- but it means the data your using to set up a trade is incorrect and then your a sitting duck for someone else to come over the top of you.

really to use this or my automation - you really need to add a bunch of conditions and study the types of markets you want to use it on

in reality rather than allow this to trade for long time periods - you may only want to allow it to trade for 15/20 seconds and if a trade is not generated - then wait for the next one.

that 15/20 seconds needs to be studied to make sure the values your using are capturing the true market values and not before or after values
Fugazi

NotBothered wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:43 pm
OK having worked on another project some of the things I have seen affect the use of this VWAP thing

when you track flows of funds and prices over time the quality of the data is different

So as money comes into the market and price moves quicker - the bands in my case are not adapting quick enough and that is why race selection is so important - and the time you set things up to operate at.

this may or may not make sense to you -- but it means the data your using to set up a trade is incorrect and then your a sitting duck for someone else to come over the top of you.

really to use this or my automation - you really need to add a bunch of conditions and study the types of markets you want to use it on

in reality rather than allow this to trade for long time periods - you may only want to allow it to trade for 15/20 seconds and if a trade is not generated - then wait for the next one.

that 15/20 seconds needs to be studied to make sure the values your using are capturing the true market values and not before or after values
Scalping is a bloody minefield. I've found it a lot of work for little gain relative to other techniques.

Ive found just finding value and letting things play out more profitable for me personally. Never had much luck scalping. I just cant invest the time it needs to master.
NotBothered

yeah I have all the strategy stuff done

but wanted to really finish with a scalper - but to me - I am not sure its even possible

its just you need a way to make all the data equal - I have to think on this more
Fugazi

NotBothered wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:04 pm
yeah I have all the strategy stuff done

but wanted to really finish with a scalper - but to me - I am not sure its even possible

its just you need a way to make all the data equal - I have to think on this more
I have a funny feeling even Peter said he hasn't mastered it. Maybe i imagined that though 😅

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”