How to Persuade or Entice Betfair to incorporate more TPD Supported Tracks?

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
lotora

LinusP wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:07 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:59 pm
TPD-Zone wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:15 am
I can confirm that we do have regular dialogue with Betfair, however their dynamics as to what tracks they host on the Exchange clearly do not favour TPD tracks over non-TPD tracks. They also have a "ceiling" in the US and will only accommodate a certain number of tracks on any given day. We will continue to challenge them but they have every right to run their business as they see fit and whilst we do have a very good relationship with Betfair and a degree of influence, they ultimately decide these things.
This makes sense. Is there any chance of Betfair trialling coverage of some other countries where TPD are now present? eg Germany, UAE?
I am seeing betfair today so I will ask and see what they say.
Went well?
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:34 pm
I was expecting Betfair to prioritise TPD tracks more than they appear to be when drawing up their programme of coverage.

This is evident in the US where Betfair will sometimes limit the number of tracks covered on busy days, presumably to protect liquidity. They could choose to select TPD tracks where they have coverage agreements over other tracks, but they don't.

Betfair covered some German tracks when worldwide racing was limited during the pandemic and kept it up for a short while afterwards. But they soon disappeared so presumably didn't attract enough volume to make it worth their while.

UAE tracks occasionally appear on the Exchange but I don't know if I've ever seen Jebel Ali.

I've never seen Century Downs covered so presumably Betfair have no commercial agreement with that track.
Jebel Ali
Attachments
thai_times.PNG
thai_times.PNG (13.94 KiB) Viewed 226 times
jamesedwards

Will Jebel Ali become available on TPD through Bet Angel?

The track is not listed on the TPD status page.
Naffman

Pretty sure Jebel Ali has been listed before and it’s getting close to World Cup night so I imagine will be better quality races
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 pm
Will Jebel Ali become available on TPD through Bet Angel?

The track is not listed on the TPD status page.
From X
Attachments
TPD.PNG
LinusP

lotora wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:46 am
LinusP wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:07 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:59 pm

This makes sense. Is there any chance of Betfair trialling coverage of some other countries where TPD are now present? eg Germany, UAE?
I am seeing betfair today so I will ask and see what they say.
Went well?
Sorry, didn’t actually get any time to talk to betfair, was too busy feeling very small talking to syndicates.

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”