In-play

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
hecojef928

Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:32 pm
hecojef928 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:25 pm
RacingGuy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 am
Yeah I tried doing in-play only to lose good money but what I do now is make money pre race and than create a risk free bet if my horse loses I lose $0 but if it gets close to #1 i hedge my position for some extra money. But the probability is coming low.
While it's tempting to perceive scalping profits as 'Free Bets,' it's important to recognize that you're essentially risking your hard-earned hedged profit. Chasing larger gains without a plan could jeopardize your profits in the long run and provide a less accurate view of your performance as a scalper over time.
Yes, well said. Without a plan all you could be doing is inviting a lot more variance etc. Been meaning to have a word with Derek about this concept!

Btw hecojef928 are you aware that you've not made a single grammatical error in 27 posts and all your sentences are perfectly structured? If you are writing these yourself I'm impressed 👏
Really? Clear communication is key! I'm definitely not a bot. But I won't hide the fact that I do use Grammarly on my browser for some extra clarity :oops: :lol:
Fugazi

hecojef928 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:10 pm
Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:32 pm
hecojef928 wrote:

While it's tempting to perceive scalping profits as 'Free Bets,' it's important to recognize that you're essentially risking your hard-earned hedged profit. Chasing larger gains without a plan could jeopardize your profits in the long run and provide a less accurate view of your performance as a scalper over time.
Yes, well said. Without a plan all you could be doing is inviting a lot more variance etc. Been meaning to have a word with Derek about this concept!

Btw hecojef928 are you aware that you've not made a single grammatical error in 27 posts and all your sentences are perfectly structured? If you are writing these yourself I'm impressed 👏
Really? Clear communication is key! I'm definitely not a bot. But I won't hide the fact that I do use Grammarly on my browser for some extra clarity :oops: :lol:
Nothing wrong with that. That's how you learn and continually improve grammar. Keep going :mrgreen:
Fugazi

OP

Have you got a screenshot of your profit over a long period?

I'm just finding it hard to engage in this thread. I really want to as I think I can offer some good suggestions, but I can't help but not believe you. Don't want to waste my time but equally don't want to not help someone that is genuine.

Get a lot of liars in the gambling world, maybe I'm just cynical as I haven't cracked scalping pre off.
Last edited by Fugazi on Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kai

Fugazi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:05 pm
OP

I'm just finding it hard to engage in this thread. I really want to as I think I can offer some good suggestions, but I can't help but not believe you. Don't want to waste my time but equally don't want to not help someone that is genuine.

Get a lot of liars in the gambling world, maybe I'm just cynical as I haven't cracked scalping pre off.
Not sure why you would even want to crack the scalping angle there, daily markets seem woeful for this and are unlikely to get better over time

But don't think that scalping 50 a day (1.5k a month) sounds unbelievable
Fugazi

Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:30 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:05 pm
OP

Not sure why you would even want to crack the scalping angle there, daily markets seem woeful for this and are unlikely to get better over time

But don't think that scalping 50 a day (1.5k a month) sounds unbelievable
Yeah I realised a long while back it wasn't worth the effort vs reward.

Greyhounds are my thing currently, built a successful prediction model, and made a successful automation through trial and error. Currently debating sharing power ratings and predicted odds daily but someone bright may backwards engineer it.

It's not that I doubt 1.5k a month is possible. It's just that I don't believe OP. I think they have extrapolated a few good days of profit. The question on this thread is so basic, I think someone successfully scalping 1.5k would at least have tried in play scalping by now. Seems weird to be making that kinda money and not spend a small amount testing in play.

If they genuinely are making that, then they will go far
Kai

Fugazi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:36 pm
It's not that I doubt 1.5k a month isn't possible. It's just that I don't believe OP. I think they have extrapolated a few good days of profit. If they genuinely are making that, then they will go far.
Keeping an open mind also goes very far, since jumping to conclusions with limited info is a cognitive distortion and thus often unhelpful, I have done much of this myself

OP barely said a few words in general, there is too much unknown, I see no reason to not believe him

You wouldn't believe how little people need to profit, if they stumble on the key piece
Fugazi

Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:50 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:36 pm
It's not that I doubt 1.5k a month isn't possible. It's just that I don't believe OP. I think they have extrapolated a few good days of profit. If they genuinely are making that, then they will go far.
Keeping an open mind also goes very far, since jumping to conclusions with limited info is a cognitive distortion and thus often unhelpful, I have done much of this myself

OP barely said a few words in general, there is too much unknown, I see no reason to not believe him

You wouldn't believe how little people need to profit, if they stumble on the key piece
Yeah good advice.

I shouldn't just go shooting at everyone that makes more than me from a method :lol:

I think i forget this. You can go down a rabbit hole with analysis for years, just for someone to randomly try a few things and hit the jackpot.
Kai

Fugazi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:02 pm
I shouldn't just go shooting at everyone that makes more than me from a method :lol:
Eh it's the internet so everyone is just shooting blanks anyway :lol:

I will say tho! If a method didn't work for you it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one or that learning this method/skill won't come in clutch at a later point in your skill set, or that this process won't lead to something better etc

Maybe it means you just applied it on the wrong markets at the wrong times or that you're not yet ready to use it

But there are subtle but key differences too, certain people are good at trading, some are good at making profit, some are fast af etc

So obviously you do not need to learn how to trade (in a traditional sense) in order to profit off betting markets, or read 50 psychology books etc

The beauty of the market means anyone from quant to trader has a place in it and can find his niche
conduirez

Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:30 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:02 pm
Eh it's the internet so everyone is just shooting blanks anyway :lol:

I will say tho! If a method didn't work for you it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one or that learning this method/skill won't come in clutch at a later point in your skill set, or that this process won't lead to something better etc

Maybe it means you just applied it on the wrong markets at the wrong times or that you're not yet ready to use it

But there are subtle but key differences too, certain people are good at trading, some are good at making profit, some are fast af etc

So obviously you do not need to learn how to trade (in a traditional sense) in order to profit off betting markets, or read 50 psychology books etc

The beauty of the market means anyone from quant to trader has a place in it and can find his niche
The OP is very believable, 1.5K a month if you break it down, is very reasonable.

There is, say for argument 30 days in a month, and the OP enters on average 10 races a day. That's 30 x 10, so 300 races a month.

£1500 divided by 300 races, gives us £5 win average per race.

It's still very achievable even if the OP only does 15 days at 10 races per day, then the OP would just need to average £10 profit per race.
Crumpets

OP, may I ask whether you swing or trend trade, as well as scalp? (Pre off)
RacingGuy

hecojef928 wrote:
RacingGuy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 am
Yeah I tried doing in-play only to lose good money but what I do now is make money pre race and than create a risk free bet if my horse loses I lose $0 but if it gets close to #1 i hedge my position for some extra money. But the probability is coming low.
Correct that's why I'm staying away from it and asked the question got any solution?
Atho55

Are we talking Aus$ or GBP£ with reference to the $1500? Not the same....

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”