More than one exchange into one API? Possible or not?

A place to discuss anything.
ekaspars

I was just thinking (because of dwindling liquidity) - is it actually possible to build an API that has more than one exchange into it? Why? For liquidity's sake of course
Commision wise it would be whether it is a BF bet taken for 5% commision or a bet taken from let's say betdaq.
What would be the order of the bets taken (especially if on betdaq bookies would dump their liability with big chunks of money and the odds would be a certain moments lower then BF)?

I don't think such a thing could be made.
Any thoughts?
jimibt

from memory, this isn't possible due to the commercial agreements signed with each operator to access their services. So, it'll be a no go!!

Of course, this doesn't prevent you/me/whoever implementing an api across platforms to do what you'd mentioned and there will have been a few that will have taken this route, even if just to hedge on betdaq as a failsafe for the inevitable!
Euler

ekaspars wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:13 pm
I was just thinking (because of dwindling liquidity) - is it actually possible to build an API that has more than one exchange into it? Why? For liquidity's sake of course
Commision wise it would be whether it is a BF bet taken for 5% commision or a bet taken from let's say betdaq.
What would be the order of the bets taken (especially if on betdaq bookies would dump their liability with big chunks of money and the odds would be a certain moments lower then BF)?

I don't think such a thing could be made.
Any thoughts?
It can be made but none of the exchanges will allow it. I've asked quite a few times if we can create a global product that plugs into different API's but none of them will allow it. It's a commercial issue.
ekaspars

It's been 24 years now since the last betting revolution (introduction of sports exchange concept in 2000). The betting/trading people are longing for the next one. (It's been a while). So in my opinion it would be only all exchange crammed into one (or piwi exchange API) legal or not :D

Return to “General discussion”