Betfair Account Restrictions & closed accounts - Getting them removed and accounts reopened

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
conduirez

hecojef928 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:20 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:14 pm
As Euler and I have mentioned I don't think they really care, pay much attention to VPN VPS usage. Move on ...
Right. :lol:

Prohibited Activities

11.2.3 if you are located in, or are seeking to access your Account from, any Prohibited Territory either deliberately or accidentally, (including if you are using a VPN to disguise your location) or if you have sought to disguise or interfere with the IP address of the computer you are using to access the Services or otherwise take steps to prevent us from correctly identifying the IP address of the device you are using to access the Services;

https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Terms.and.Conditions/
Kalculatorix moved from Austria to Malta, as far as I know neither of these are prohibited. This is probably an identity verification problem and will probably be resolved.

whitechq said he was from Hungary, that as far as I know is not a prohibited, country.

whitechq also said he and his friend ran the software at different times for seven years no problem. I am inclined to believe that one of them started to run the same software at the same time as the other, so matching bets were being thrown in at the same time from two accounts. It is weird for both of them to be suspended together.

You have said you are in the UK so the problem will not apply to you.

So why are you showing us a clause that relates to say a Canadian Citizen, Silk Run and Euler have said the VPN, VPS is not the problem.
The Silk Run

hecojef928 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:20 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:14 pm
As Euler and I have mentioned I don't think they really care, pay much attention to VPN VPS usage. Move on ...
Right. :lol:

Prohibited Activities

11.2.3 if you are located in, or are seeking to access your Account from, any Prohibited Territory either deliberately or accidentally, (including if you are using a VPN to disguise your location) or if you have sought to disguise or interfere with the IP address of the computer you are using to access the Services or otherwise take steps to prevent us from correctly identifying the IP address of the device you are using to access the Services;

You is talking shit. Move on ....
Derek27

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:22 am

You is talking shit. Move on ....
posting.php?mode=reply&t=28659
whitechq

I read in the Hungarian forum that the accounts of several users are being closed. What is interesting is that there was a user who used it the same way as us (two users, one vps, one IP) and their account was not closed. It seems as if the accounts of Hungarians are being closed on the basis of something. It is possible that a will my account be closed due to a betting method? I had a scalp robot running at the Australian horse racing markets, but as I wrote, it has been for seven years and there have never been any problems. I wrote to Peter Jackson, I hope he will help.
Kai

Let's keep it civil, conflicting info doesn't help people much, for active traders this might as well be a matter of life and death.

There probably should be a pinned FAQ thread about these topics, if users get suspended for random valid/invalid reasons then BA loses revenue as well.

@rain91 As far as I understand, you can pretty much do anything as long as your Betfair account address isn't from a restricted territory.

Please correct me if wrong and let's get the right information to the right users, since Betfair clearly isn't doing it.
hecojef928

Kai wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:32 am
Let's keep it civil, conflicting info doesn't help people much, for active traders this might as well be a matter of life and death.

There probably should be a pinned FAQ thread about these topics, if users get suspended for random valid/invalid reasons then BA loses revenue as well.

@rain91 As far as I understand, you can pretty much do anything as long as your Betfair account address isn't from a restricted territory.

Please correct me if wrong and let's get the right information to the right users, since Betfair clearly isn't doing it.
Initially, I believed some users might be attempting to conceal their true locations by using servers, especially if they're from restricted countries. However, upon reflection, I realise I have misunderstood and veered off-topic by delving into various methods of masking and how Betfair detects this through the use of servers. That's my mistake.

As for sharing a VPS, it would definitely raise concerns since both users' accounts would be linked to the same device and connection, likely drawing attention from Betfair's automatic monitoring system. Whether you're using a VPS or not, logging in from the same device and connection as another Betfair user will definitely raise flags.
Euler

I wouldn't share a VPS as that links two accounts together and Betfair, at a base level, do not allow more than one account. So that's bound to flag up something if they stumble across it.
Euler

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:22 am

It's in their terms but they don't actively enforce it unless they feel something dodgy is going on.

Huge amounts of liquidity are pumped into the exchange using automation run on servers. So if they actively enforced it, the exchange would collapse.
whitechq

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:37 am
I wouldn't share a VPS as that links two accounts together and Betfair, at a base level, do not allow more than one account. So that's bound to flag up something if they stumble across it.
Yes, you're right, in hindsight I wouldn't either. I find it strange that for years this was not a problem, so why now?
conduirez

whitechq wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:45 am
Euler wrote:
Yes, you're right, in hindsight I wouldn't either. I find it strange that for years this was not a problem, so why now?
There must be other flags as well, lots of people share IP addresses family members spring to mind. Although it is solid advice as traders not to share a VPS,.

I still think on occasions that you and your friend used the same IP address at the same time, firing off the same bets, Whatever it is IMO, they have almost certainly linked your accounts as one person owning them, thus shutting both down together.

You say why now, as this has gone on for years, it could be many things, they may be just having a crackdown, or you said both accounts attract Premium Charge, when you add both accounts lifetime profits together would they now attract the next level of premium charge if they were one account?, Whatever the reason, its happened.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Just keep following Kai's advice, its all you can do, to try and get your account reopened.
Euler

whitechq wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:45 am
Euler wrote:
I had two accounts with the same address on them. When I went to change the email address to make sure everything was up to date, my account was closed.

So it's usually a trigger like that, which prompts a check, which then causes the problem.
rain91

In summary, the VPN is allowed from Betfair? And it is the same category as the VPS (Betangel)?
lotrosyl

Hi Everyone,

I read in several places that several Hungarian users who used bots were banned. Fortunately, my account was saved, but I would like to know if a user logging into one vps but two Bet Angels can cause problems. There is a bot that runs on the horse racing and there is one that runs on the tennis markets, sometimes at the same time, but as I wrote, one vps, one user, two Bet Angels. Can they ban me for that?
Kai

rain91 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:59 pm
In summary, the VPN is allowed from Betfair? And it is the same category as the VPS (Betangel)?
Yes, see replies above
lotrosyl wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 pm
I would like to know if a user logging into one vps but two Bet Angels can cause problems. There is a bot that runs on the horse racing and there is one that runs on the tennis markets, sometimes at the same time, but as I wrote, one vps, one user, two Bet Angels. Can they ban me for that?
No, you're good

Return to “Betfair exchange”