how do i know when a horse will race its next race

The sport of kings.
Omegared

I am interested in horse racing but how will I know when a horse is going to race its next race so I can place my bet. For example the horse Purple Flower ran yesterday on April 3 how can I find out when he will race again so that I can bet on him?
jamesedwards

Horses only get entered a few days in advance. You'll have to keep checking websites for entries such as https://www.racingpost.com/profile/hors ... nt/entries
Fugazi

Could swear I just had a de ja vou
Derek27

Omegared wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:00 pm
I am interested in horse racing but how will I know when a horse is going to race its next race so I can place my bet. For example the horse Purple Flower ran yesterday on April 3 how can I find out when he will race again so that I can bet on him?
There are/were some sites that allow you to store a list of horses and they will email you of its entries. Timeform and Sporting Life used to do it, so you'll probably find one if you look. I used to have an Access database of my noted horses that would download an ABC of horses running tomorrow and produce a report, but Timeform made it redundant!

(By the way, your text has double spaces!).
conduirez

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:04 pm
Horses only get entered a few days in advance. You'll have to keep checking websites for entries such as https://www.racingpost.com/profile/hors ... nt/entries
Here's one of my group
Al Hussar Screenshot 2024-04-04 215557.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conduirez

Omegared wrote:
Hope this helps.
zzPurple Flower 2024-04-04 221149.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ANGELS15

Omegared wrote:
You can also register with the attheraces website (it's free).

This is the service I use. If you do register with attheraces you'll notice next to each horse's name there's a binocular symbol. Click on that and it pops up a little box where if you wish you can comment on why you're looking out for it. There's an option with this for you to select to advise you on 'next run, next 3 runs, permament. The next time the horse is decared you'll be sent an email the evening before.
Dallas

I've not used it in years but GG used to let you select horses to add to a watch list and be alerted next time they appear on a card
https://gg.co.uk/
The Silk Run

Dallas wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:17 pm
I've not used it in years but GG used to let you select horses to add to a watch list and be alerted next time they appear on a card
https://gg.co.uk/
I to used to use GG several years ago. I used to oppose and LAY all their favourite selections and did rather well out of it !!! I'm NOT sure if this is still possible ...

FANTASTIC cash converter ;)
Dublin_Flyer

I was always on GG back in the day too, it was really popular for a while. No idea why I stopped using it though. I just checked my email and it was a .com domain back then and it's .co.uk now. The .com domain has some Japanese anime games on it now :lol:
Omegared

Thank you all for your help

Return to “Trading Horse racing”