setting up a rule to see difference in SP

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
SmashiT

Hi,

I was wondering, is there a way to set up an automation rule where one of the condtions was to ensure that the bet was only triggered if the first and second favour starting price odds were relatively close together? ie: within 2.00 odds of each other:

eg:

example 1:

Trigger bet where

1st favourite odds is $2.00
2nd favourite odds is $4.00

Example 2 :

Trigger bet where:

1st favourite is $3.8
2nd favourite is $3.9

Example 3:

DO NOT Trigger bet if:

1st favourite is $2.5
2nd favourite is $6.5

I have tried using the relative odds conditions and it doesn't seem to be working, probably because I am doing something wrong.

Many thanks !
Dallas

You need to use a 'Relative Odds Condition'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/relative_odds.html

Assuming you are laying the fav then the condition would look like this;

Selections Actual SP price
is greater than
Selection by order of favouritism 2
Actual SP price
minus 2 odds
SmashiT

Hi Dallas,

thank you for responding.

I have a custom ranking condition based on the SP so my favourites are sorted based on the SP.

Is there a way to ensure that the pre race SP of the first and second favourite pre race are within 2.00 odds?

The relative odds condition uses the current selection, however this is an issue as I want to lay the field but have the above as a condition to decide whether to lay the field.

i have also looked at the historic relative odds condition but it looks like it doesn't allow me to use the SP

Does that mean I need to use signals to do what i want? Or is there another way to do this?

Would greatly appreciate your response.
Dallas

SmashiT wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:53 pm
Hi Dallas,

thank you for responding.

I have a custom ranking condition based on the SP so my favourites are sorted based on the SP.

Is there a way to ensure that the pre race SP of the first and second favourite pre race are within 2.00 odds?

The relative odds condition uses the current selection, however this is an issue as I want to lay the field but have the above as a condition to decide whether to lay the field.

i have also looked at the historic relative odds condition but it looks like it doesn't allow me to use the SP

Does that mean I need to use signals to do what i want? Or is there another way to do this?

Would greatly appreciate your response.
Yes, you'd need to use a 'Set/Modify Signal' rule applied to custom rank 1 and then use the signal tab to set a signal on the market
Add the same relative odds condition as detailed above but set it to
Selection by order of Custom Rank 2

Then on your lay the field rule add a 'Signal Set' condition to test the Signal named (whatever you called it
On the market is set with a value
SmashiT

Hi Dallas,

I created a rule file for this and it isnt working :(

I have attached it to see if you would have the time to help me out and tell me where I went wrong?

Thank you so much for your help !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

SmashiT wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:51 pm
Hi Dallas,

I created a rule file for this and it isnt working :(

I have attached it to see if you would have the time to help me out and tell me where I went wrong?

Thank you so much for your help !
All you need is a 'Update custom Ranking' rule

Rank SP.png

Then a Signal rule to test the price range

Set Signal.png
Set Signal 2.png
Signal 3.png

Then add a 'Signal Set' condition to your lay rule/s to test the signa named 'satisfied' on the market is set with a value
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”