Betdaq Feedback/General Chat Thread

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
gstar1975

Betdaq wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:16 pm
gianni wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 am
Hi Enda,
Austria is unfortunatly not on your Countrylist. Are there any plans to open Betdaq for Austrian customers?
Best regards
Gianni
Regretfully there are no plans for Austria.
Which countries, if any, are on the shortlist to be added?
gstar1975

Betdaq wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:17 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:34 am
Betdaq wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:50 am

No, VPN is not permitted.
Betfair allows VPN so maybe your missing out on customers because of that policy, and may be worth a rethink. People want to be safe online and keep themselves anonymous.

And what about VPS usage? Betangel offers this service so are you saying we cant use that to access Betdaq?
I have asked that we look at our policy around VPN usage. There will be a policy around it in the same way Betfair has a policy but there might be ways that we can improve it.
Can you point me in the direction please? What is the current VPN policy?
hadyn68

I'm so glad that there is so much coversation with Betdaq. Its the only exchange I use and the Bet Angel version is no where near as good as Betfair. Hopefully this will bring about some updates and not just get stuck in the chicken or the egg scenario. Looking forward to better things..... :D
Naffman

One thing to be aware of is Betfair's funds level of protection is high whereas Betdaq's is medium
Naffman

Don’t know if your app is down but I click a race and it doesn’t do anything, I noticed this in the past and the main reason I switched to Smarkets is because the app is not user friendly and looks as though it hasn’t been changed visually in 20 years
conduirez

Naffman wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 am
Don’t know if your app is down but I click a race and it doesn’t do anything, I noticed this in the past and the main reason I switched to Smarkets is because the app is not user friendly and looks as though it hasn’t been changed visually in 20 years
I have to agree about Betdaq software, it is pretty bad and occasionally you can really struggle trying to place a bet with it, and sometimes the page will not even load correctly.

If you trade Betdaq it is far better to do so through Bet Angel, I have never had a problem doing it this way.
invisiblelayer

I used to use regular around 06/07, even had a blog displaying bets pre race. Not bothered with at all all much since really apart from when they had a forum and I won the Cheltenham comp with credit added. I remember the huge push from folk after the PC to use the purple site but literally everyone stayed on Betfair.

I never found any issues back then, I don't like the new site on the eye. I was promised an umbrella years ago and that never materialised :lol:

It's the only alternative I'll bother with so might have a play around this summer.
Betdaq

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:00 pm
Betdaq wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:17 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:34 am

Betfair allows VPN so maybe your missing out on customers because of that policy, and may be worth a rethink. People want to be safe online and keep themselves anonymous.

And what about VPS usage? Betangel offers this service so are you saying we cant use that to access Betdaq?
I have asked that we look at our policy around VPN usage. There will be a policy around it in the same way Betfair has a policy but there might be ways that we can improve it.
Can you point me in the direction please? What is the current VPN policy?
If you can provide a genuine reason for VPN user we can flag it with CS and compliance can take a look. Maybe drop me a DM.
Betdaq

jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:19 pm
Betdaq wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:18 pm

interesting... not used my BD account for 7 years, so if still active will definitely be one to ponder.
Why ponder :D
indeed - tho that said, it would take some time to integrate BD as I'm fully api driven and any approach would need to ensure smooth comms between both api's which is not something that can be pulled together quickly. but definitely is beyond the ponder stage. that said, i did at one time use both the BF and BD api's together when looking for exchange arbs. then, it was more effort than the reward tbh but maybe as a mix 'n match approach could be interesting.
Happy to help where I can.
Betdaq

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm
Perhaps another thing to look at is the Betdaq account review process for those with sports trading as their lead income.

My Betdaq account has been on hold for several weeks now, and I don't seem to be getting anywhere despite providing bank statements, photo ID, and everything I can get out of Betfair to prove consistent long-term profits.

I went through the same process with Betdaq in 2021, and it took three months and 13 emails from me to resolve it back then. I have a feeling it's going to be the same this time around too.
I can always jump in and help with these situations as I will hopefully be present on the forum or available on twitter if needs be.
Betdaq

hadyn68 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 pm
I'm so glad that there is so much coversation with Betdaq. Its the only exchange I use and the Bet Angel version is no where near as good as Betfair. Hopefully this will bring about some updates and not just get stuck in the chicken or the egg scenario. Looking forward to better things..... :D
As Peter has said we need to see people making a move to use it before he can commit his time to to carrying out work.
Betdaq

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 pm
One thing to be aware of is Betfair's funds level of protection is high whereas Betdaq's is medium
Yes, it is medium. I have raised with finance and they're looking at what our options might be.
Betdaq

Naffman wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 am
That is a bit unfair. The app might look the same (purple) but there was lots of improvements made over the last 12 months.

Im not sure of the particular issue you had but we had no reported issues. Happy to jump on a call and discuss. I do think there are plenty of improvements we could make and we have some plans to work on these.
Betdaq

invisiblelayer wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm
I used to use regular around 06/07, even had a blog displaying bets pre race. Not bothered with at all all much since really apart from when they had a forum and I won the Cheltenham comp with credit added. I remember the huge push from folk after the PC to use the purple site but literally everyone stayed on Betfair.

I never found any issues back then, I don't like the new site on the eye. I was promised an umbrella years ago and that never materialised :lol:

It's the only alternative I'll bother with so might have a play around this summer.
I struggle to get an umbrella myself :lol: Please have a play around and happy to take feedback on board.
Kai

Betdaq wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:05 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm
Perhaps another thing to look at is the Betdaq account review process for those with sports trading as their lead income.

My Betdaq account has been on hold for several weeks now, and I don't seem to be getting anywhere despite providing bank statements, photo ID, and everything I can get out of Betfair to prove consistent long-term profits.

I went through the same process with Betdaq in 2021, and it took three months and 13 emails from me to resolve it back then. I have a feeling it's going to be the same this time around too.
I can always jump in and help with these situations as I will hopefully be present on the forum or available on twitter if needs be.
Just a suggestion but you could put your Twitter/X handle (or other links) on your forum profile so that people could find you easier.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”