Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

I can see why my sister and family don't go to see Chelsea anymore. :lol:
Kai

Nice comebacks from Chelsea and PSG last 10 mins!
Derek27

Goals flying in tonight! :D
greenmark

Why does Arteta pluck his eyebrows? And why can't he have a proper shave?
Michael5482

Making a mess of the markets here with suspensions on Spurs v Arsenal, I beat the suspension and ended up with a loss as the equaliser was disallowed fair enough, I beat the clock again and they've just cancelled the bet, bit of a piss take really especially putting decent money through the market. It's up there with VAR in consistency

Poor market management from Betfair will do for a lot of people with financial checks
jamesedwards

29% possession. Two shots on goal. 3-0 up at half time. :roll:
Derek27

The stupidity of people anticipating a VAR and backing under without waiting for it - they've got nothing to gain. :lol:
Derek27

Poor liquidity in the Turkish Super League. Even the tuppence trader seems to have the day off.
Kai

Traded a bit of Leicester last night, flawless performance from the Foxes, congrats to MemphisFlash and co 🏆

Hopefully wearthefoxhat and Euler could join the celebrations later as well, would like to see both Leeds and Saints back in the top flight
conduirez

Kai wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:45 am
Traded a bit of Leicester last night, flawless performance from the Foxes, congrats to MemphisFlash and co 🏆

Hopefully wearthefoxhat and Euler could join the celebrations later as well, would like to see both Leeds and Saints back in the top flight
Me and Derek (I am sure) will be cheering on the Canaries in the play offs.

I think big thing for me is Norwich at the weekend have the power to kick Birmingham City in to League One, after the debacle of the Wayne Rooney affair in October. Sorry to any Birmingham fan out there, but your side's owners are pathetic.
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:

Leicester were unlucky to get relegated last year and deserved to go straight back up this season. They could hit 100 pts if they win their last game.

Ipswich, in theory, just need 1pt tonight at Coventry (who are in poor form at the moment) to take the initiative, and then beat Hudds at Home (mathematically relegated) on Saturday. If somehow, Ipswich slip up tonight and lose, Southampton might rest their players on Saturday and give Leeds one last chance of automatic promotion...(if so, would Euler have a word with the Southampton board...much appreciated)

That realistically leaves the Play-Offs for Leeds, Southampton, Norwich, WBA/Hull.

Only Norwich and Hull are showing any consistency for now. Reckon Norwich could be the dark horses on that list.

Concern for Leeds is that they have shown fragility at home in the last few games when they should have won against poorer teams and are conceding goals when their defence has been strong all season. Also, Leeds have a poor record in years gone by in play-offs games.

Southampton haven't exactly set the world alight with their recent form, maybe resting their players in readiness for the play-offs.
greenmark

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:50 pm
Kai wrote:

Leicester were unlucky to get relegated last year and deserved to go straight back up this season. They could hit 100 pts if they win their last game.

Ipswich, in theory, just need 1pt tonight at Coventry (who are in poor form at the moment) to take the initiative, and then beat Hudds at Home (mathematically relegated) on Saturday. If somehow, Ipswich slip up tonight and lose, Southampton might rest their players on Saturday and give Leeds one last chance of automatic promotion...(if so, would Euler have a word with the Southampton board...much appreciated)

That realistically leaves the Play-Offs for Leeds, Southampton, Norwich, WBA/Hull.

Only Norwich and Hull are showing any consistency for now. Reckon Norwich could be the dark horses on that list.

Concern for Leeds is that they have shown fragility at home in the last few games when they should have won against poorer teams and are conceding goals when their defence has been strong all season. Also, Leeds have a poor record in years gone by in play-offs games.

Southampton haven't exactly set the world alight with their recent form, maybe resting their players in readiness for the play-offs.
I think the play-offs are going to be essential viewing for fans and neutrals. Ipswich have the advantage and Coventry can't get into the mix. I don't know how Cov are going to react to that. Pride or flip-flops.. They've had an emtional few weeks. I think if Ipswich don't try for a draw they're too good for Cov.
Saints will be poring over how to win the play-offs. The wait for them now must be agonising.
But spare a thought for Baggies fans. Play-offs could be snatched away after all that effort.
The Championship is probably better for drama than the Premier.
Derek27

Volatile OU markets in the Bayern match, the way the game's going.
conduirez

Come on Tractor Boys, referee 11 minutes injury time
Derek27

Terrible liquidity in the Chinese Super League. Couldn't even open a position after 8 minutes.

Return to “Football trading”