Excel Formula Needed for Dogs Time Track Grade Distance

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
gstar1975

What is the Excel formula for, each cell, to extract into separate cells the TIME, TRACK NAME, GRADE and DISTANCE from the following statements:

Oxford 9th Apr - 12:19 A2 450m
Central Park 9th Apr - 13:19 A3 500m

Cell 1 Oxford
Cell 2 12:19
Cell 3 A2
Cell 4 450m

Cell 1 Central Park
Cell 2 13:19
Cell 3 A3
Cell 4 500m

I have tried TEXTBEFORE TEXTAFTER but ran into problems with races with 2 names eg Central Park.

Can anyone help me please?
MemphisFlash

if you have the names already try using power query, no code needed, just spilt the nanes etc into columns
gstar1975

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 6:14 pm
if you have the names already try using power query, no code needed, just spilt the nanes etc into columns
How do I use Power Query to do that?

I have tried Text to Columns but then they wont be in the same columns going down. I would have to do further work. I just want to extract data and put in i a cell in the same column.

Also how would that work for Tracks with more than one word in their title like Central Park?

Also I have multiple spreasheets to go through and just want formula to copy and paste into cells instead of going through power query everytime I want to do this.

I just want the grade of the races so I can do some analysis on my results so I can remove any where I see there is a pattern of losses occuring and remove those grades.
gstar1975

Ok I think that worked thanks.
paspuggie48

Hi Graham

Not exactly what you want but aligns with your DM message to me and what Memphis suggest re: PQ.

An example solution is attached with example of all the races thus far this month I had from Guardian.

Greyhound Data Splitting Tool.xlsx

Remove the data from the "green" Table and paste in your new data.

Select any cell anywhere on the "blue" table and right-click "Refresh"

greyhound split data.png

Once complete copy the output into whatever spreadsheet you have with your original data.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paspuggie48

paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:18 am
Hi Graham

Not exactly what you want but aligns with your DM message to me and what Memphis suggest re: PQ.

An example solution is attached with example of all the races thus far this month I had from Guardian.

greyhound split data.png

Once complete copy the output into whatever spreadsheet you have with your original data.
P.S. not sure why Text To Columns did not work, it should have because you can size the column split where you want and it should pick up spaces between text regardless.

UPDATE: you're correct Graham, had a go myself and Text To Columns doesn't do it
Last edited by paspuggie48 on Mon May 06, 2024 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anbell

gstar1975 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 6:10 pm
What is the Excel formula for, each cell, to extract into separate cells the TIME, TRACK NAME, GRADE and DISTANCE from the following statements:

Oxford 9th Apr - 12:19 A2 450m
Central Park 9th Apr - 13:19 A3 500m

Cell 1 Oxford
Cell 2 12:19
Cell 3 A2
Cell 4 450m

Cell 1 Central Park
Cell 2 13:19
Cell 3 A3
Cell 4 500m

I have tried TEXTBEFORE TEXTAFTER but ran into problems with races with 2 names eg Central Park.

Can anyone help me please?
ChatGPT is really good for this
gstar1975

paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:18 am
Hi Graham

greyhound split data.png

Thanks Paspuggie thats exactly what I did and it did exactly what I needed it to do.
paspuggie48

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 12:59 pm
Thanks Paspuggie thats exactly what I did and it did exactly what I needed it to do.
Good lad !! :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”