Swing Trade using Top & Bottom of Traded Range Guardian Automation Bot

Fugazi

jimibt wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:25 am
Dallas wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:05 am
Fugazi wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 4:56 pm
Im struggling to get around a problem with a modification I want to make. I want it to place the bet at the end of the traded range ahead of time. Not when the best price is already there

As when you place the bet when the price is already there, you end up at the back of the queue. So when you get matched it is likely the price is about to smash through.

However, if you are near the front of the queue, you benefit from the times it just grazes that price and then backs off again.
You'll need to use the current price as your base price and store a value plus or minus 'X' ticks, (X being however many ticks you want to look above/below the current price, if you use to many ticks you might already be looking outside the traded range, use to few and the price needs to be closer to the end of the range before it triggers the bet so you could still be in a queue)
would it not be possible to align the back/lay bets to be x ticks above/below best reverse price (trial and error on number of ticks of course). that way, you'll have more certainty in being at the front of the queue as the sentiment changes (in either direction as you will be outside the BEST back/lay prices by default when entering). I have a similar rule that uses this approach as it is looking to quickly enter/exit on either side of the extremes, based on rapid price movements.
Tried that - problem then is you are laying below the bottom of the range which is the worst place . To get matched the price must have ploughed through.. and then continues to plough...

Alternatively I could look at getting it to place a back bet when that happens 🤔🤔
Fugazi

Dallas wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:05 am
Fugazi wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 4:56 pm
Im struggling to get around a problem with a modification I want to make. I want it to place the bet at the end of the traded range ahead of time. Not when the best price is already there

As when you place the bet when the price is already there, you end up at the back of the queue. So when you get matched it is likely the price is about to smash through.

However, if you are near the front of the queue, you benefit from the times it just grazes that price and then backs off again.
You'll need to use the current price as your base price and store a value plus or minus 'X' ticks, (X being however many ticks you want to look above/below the current price, if you use to many ticks you might already be looking outside the traded range, use to few and the price needs to be closer to the end of the range before it triggers the bet so you could still be in a queue)
Smart.

This will work , but gonna be one hell of a set up. Best wait till im on leave to get this done 😅

Thank you

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”