Greening up doesn't work

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
maricelo

Hey

I've been trying to get one of the triggers to work but for some reason it doesn't green up. The idea is simple - I lay the leader of the first set. For example this game - https://www.flashscore.com/match/GlEhve ... ch-summary

The automation laid Sasnovich once she broke the serve. And when she broke again - automation should've greened that (in this case that would be a red trade) but it did nothing.

Also, this game - https://www.flashscore.com/match/UivShf ... ch-summary
Automation laid Townsend when she broke. But it didn't close the trade once the set was over. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the same rules work with other triggers...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maricelo

So for example had 2 games just now. Both went the same way but the automation worked correctly only on one of those two games. The second game was never greened up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

maricelo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:52 pm
Hey

I've been trying to get one of the triggers to work but for some reason it doesn't green up. The idea is simple - I lay the leader of the first set. For example this game - https://www.flashscore.com/match/GlEhve ... ch-summary

The automation laid Sasnovich once she broke the serve. And when she broke again - automation should've greened that (in this case that would be a red trade) but it did nothing.

Also, this game - https://www.flashscore.com/match/UivShf ... ch-summary
Automation laid Townsend when she broke. But it didn't close the trade once the set was over. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the same rules work with other triggers...
The answer to issues like this is often that the window to green up is not long enough, given the guardian refresh rate and the number of events it is cycling through.
maricelo

The answer to issues like this is often that the window to green up is not long enough, given the guardian refresh rate and the number of events it is cycling through.
Not sure that this is the case. Because I also noticed that on the game where it did not green up, the green up trigger was fired before the second break. No clue as of why but yes. The game where it did green up, green up trigger was fired when the break of serve happened.
maricelo

Any suggestions please?
Dallas

maricelo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:09 pm
Any suggestions please?
I'd agree with what Anbell has said about the refresh rate

You have a signal that gets set, the green up rule then needs to trigger if that signal changed between 5-10secs ago

So depending how many markets you have in Guardian and the refresh rate you are using if the market is not refreshed within that 5sec window the rule won't trigger
maricelo

Well, I have usually maximum of 20 markets. What could be the alternative here? To make the window bigger? Like 2-20 seconds?

P.S.
Refresh rate is 20ms
Dallas

maricelo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:03 pm
Well, I have usually maximum of 20 markets. What could be the alternative here? To make the window bigger? Like 2-20 seconds?

P.S.
Refresh rate is 20ms
Instead of setting a signal with a value (as that is not changing after it's first set) therefore won't satisfy your signal condition 11secs onwards after it is first set
Use the 'Increment Signal' option on the signal tab (that way the signal value will automatically increase by 1 each time the rule triggers)
maricelo

(as that is not changing after it's first set)
I have another trigger that works only for the second set and it works well. No issues as for now.

Could you please add an example in my trigger for those incremental signals? I just can't understand what to do with the signal condition in green up automation. This automation rule is making me nervous because I've tried so many things and they didn't work that I'm just not sure I'm doing things correct :D

P.S.

This automation will operate only during the first set.
Dallas

maricelo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:49 pm
(as that is not changing after it's first set)
I have another trigger that works only for the second set and it works well. No issues as for now.

Could you please add an example in my trigger for those incremental signals? I just can't understand what to do with the signal condition in green up automation. This automation rule is making me nervous because I've tried so many things and they didn't work that I'm just not sure I'm doing things correct :D

P.S.

This automation will operate only during the first set.

It just needs the change in the orange box
Signal.png

Regarding limiting it to the first set that just needs set's score changing to 0-0 on your existing score condition on your lay rule
Score.png
maricelo

It just needs the change in the orange box

Oh, ok. Do I need to leave the signal delay for the market changed between 5 and 10 seconds rule on the green up trigger?
maricelo

Actually one more question. I noticed that in one particular scenario my automation doesn't work as expected. I have the following rules:

The selection is NOT serving
0 or less games ahead of the opponent
Score is 0,*,0 vs 0,*,0

The idea is that the automation lays the player who is leading by 1 break of serve. When the other player breaks back - green up should happen. However, in a situation like this it doesn't happen:

Automation has Player A as a selection to lay in case he breaks first.
Game scenario:
Player A
serving first, winning the game (1 - 0)
Player B
serving and loosing her game (2 - 0) - automation lays Player A.
Player A
serving and winning the game (3 - 0)
Player B
serving and winning the game (3 - 1)
Player A
serving and loosing the game (3 - 2) - break back happened and I would like it to be greened up. But the condition "0 or less games ahead of the opponent" is not met and thus no green up.

So my question is what would be the best approach for this scenario so that it greens up right after the break back happens?
maricelo

Any suggestions for the two questions above? :) From what I checked there might be 4 scenarios. 2 are covered with current rules - when immediate break back happen and selection is 0 games ahead and when double break occur and selection is 3 or more games ahead.

However, in those two scenarios break back happens but the player is still one game ahead.

Player A
Player B
Player A
serving and winning the game (3 - 0)
Player B
serving and winning the game (3 - 1)
Player A
serving and loosing the game (3 - 2) - break back happened

Player A
Player B
Player A
serving and loosing the game (2 - 1) - break back happened

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”