Combined Score Condition in Bet Angel Automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
lotora

I’m trying to set up an automation rule in Bet Angel to place bets based on a combined score condition. The idea is to use such a formula to decide when to place a bet:

Score = (3 × VF + 3 × VE + 2 × CE) ≤ X

I get that Bet Angel might not let me do direct math operations like this. So, I’m looking for tips on how to get around this without having to write code.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

Set up individual conditions for each metric (VF, VE, and CE).
Created groups for different race lengths (short, mid, and long) and set thresholds for each metric.
Combined these conditions into a group so they all have to be true for the rule to trigger.

Is there a way to get this combined score condition to work directly in Bet Angel without coding?
If not, what’s the best workaround using multiple rules or conditions?
jamesedwards

Can be done in Guardian. Easiest way is to have one rule that creates loads of stored values slowly getting to your final SV to use in a later condition. Guardian will calculate each SV before moving on to the next line so it could look something like:

SV1 = VF x 3
SV2 = VE x 3
SV3 = CE x 2
SV4 = SV1 + SV2
SV5 = SV4 + SV3

This leaves you with SV5 to compare against X as a condition in a later rule.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 2:30 pm
Can be done in Guardian. Easiest way is to have one rule that creates loads of stored values slowly getting to your final SV to use in a later condition. Guardian will calculate each SV before moving on to the next line so it could look something like:

SV1 = VF x 3
SV2 = VE x 3
SV3 = CE x 2
SV4 = SV1 + SV2
SV5 = SV4 + SV3

It's working now, thanks a bunch! :D
Safeway

I have found VF/VE very useful on National Hunt but CE absolutely useless on everything. I am glad I didn't lay all the flat runners with high CE's :roll:

On the flat, I 'feel' there is nothing to work with from TPD but speed, time, distance. That's fine but its all about using it and working out what it brings to the party.

Yes - I am a fan of TPD. I wish you all the best with your scoring method Iotora :)
lotora

Safeway wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:28 pm
I have found VF/VE very useful on National Hunt but CE absolutely useless on everything. I am glad I didn't lay all the flat runners with high CE's :roll:

On the flat, I 'feel' there is nothing to work with from TPD but speed, time, distance. That's fine but its all about using it and working out what it brings to the party.

Yes - I am a fan of TPD. I wish you all the best with your scoring method Iotora :)
Thanks for replying!
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:

SV1 = VF x 3
SV2 = VE x 3
SV3 = CE x 2
SV4 = SV1 + SV2
SV5 = SV4 + SV3

Hey, do you think it's worth tweaking the score for different race types (Flat vs. Jump) and surfaces (Dirt, Turf, Synthetic)? Also, would you recommend using text comparisons to apply different conditions for each?
Safeway

James is your man on this and has helped me with several of my problems and questions over the last few months.

I didn't wish to sound negative about using TPD on the flat as that is where I have used TPD the most and I love it. I am just very sceptical about Cadence / Stride and wonder how useful information of this type can be picked up by satellite?

Have you watched the YouTube videos from TPD (in conjunction with their in-house platform?) I think there are very strong messages there about the value of TPD looking at VE/VF on National Hunt races. Unlike Cadence we can actually see the VE's/VF's on the par chart occurring in real time.

I am a novice but I know there are many great opportunities on the flat which I am still discovering. I have much work to do on 'distance to finish' and 'space between runners.' At the moment I think it's the 'hard' metrics based on position and speed that help us on the flat. I am struggling to imagine the 'soft' metrics of VF/VE/CE helping me profit on shorter flat races.
lotora

Safeway wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 8:07 am
James is your man on this and has helped me with several of my problems and questions over the last few months.

I didn't wish to sound negative about using TPD on the flat as that is where I have used TPD the most and I love it. I am just very sceptical about Cadence / Stride and wonder how useful information of this type can be picked up by satellite?

Have you watched the YouTube videos from TPD (in conjunction with their in-house platform?) I think there are very strong messages there about the value of TPD looking at VE/VF on National Hunt races. Unlike Cadence we can actually see the VE's/VF's on the par chart occurring in real time.

I am a novice but I know there are many great opportunities on the flat which I am still discovering. I have much work to do on 'distance to finish' and 'space between runners.' At the moment I think it's the 'hard' metrics based on position and speed that help us on the flat. I am struggling to imagine the 'soft' metrics of VF/VE/CE helping me profit on shorter flat races.
Yes, he is great! I have watched the TPD Vimeo videos, the same content as on YouTube. I appreciate your information!
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 5:43 am
jamesedwards wrote:

SV1 = VF x 3
SV2 = VE x 3
SV3 = CE x 2
SV4 = SV1 + SV2
SV5 = SV4 + SV3

Hey, do you think it's worth tweaking the score for different race types (Flat vs. Jump) and surfaces (Dirt, Turf, Synthetic)? Also, would you recommend using text comparisons to apply different conditions for each?
Havent got round to fully experimenting with these yet but I absolutely would expect you'd want different rules for different race types at least.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”