The Situation Room

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

The White House has one, so I thought it would be appropriate if we had a room to discuss the current situation. :D

I hope body language experts pour over it, but I'm not convinced Vennells' tears are genuine here. It looks as though she stopped and took a few seconds to break into a cry. There might have been an effort there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyf2aYg9-Ps&t=216s
jamesedwards

How did you decide which section of Bet Angel forum this would fit best in?
Kai

Wolf Blitzer wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:28 pm
I thought it would be appropriate if we had a room to discuss the current situation. :D
Discuss the current situation or make fun of it? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r23u608aPkQ
conduirez

The real situations room at the White House.

Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 12:23 am
How did you decide which section of Bet Angel forum this would fit best in?
I put it in the same section as Rant Corner, but didn't realise General Discussion is within a trading section!

Mods, feel free to move it to the chill out area. :)
Last edited by Derek27 on Sat May 25, 2024 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 10:05 am
I put it in the same section as Rant Corner, but didn't realise General Discussion is withing a trading section!
I didn't realize your fav subforum was named appropriately

Derek27

The owner of the calf that was run over is calling for the police drive to be sacked!

I can understand a farmer or someone with a farming background looking at the calf and saying it was no danger, but police aren't farmers, won't be trained at assessing the risk imposed by animals, maybe dogs but certainly not loose cows on the streets. Perfectly understandable if they assessed it as a large animal out of control and capable of knocking over and trampling on a child.

Put it another way, if I had a gun and it was charging towards me, I'd have shot it!
LeTiss

What the heck is this bloody thread?

'The Situation Room'

You mean another thread....where Derek tells us exactly what he thinks about everything ranging from politics to pussy :geek:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:57 pm
The owner of the calf that was run over is calling for the police drive to be sacked!

I can understand a farmer or someone with a farming background looking at the calf and saying it was no danger, but police aren't farmers, won't be trained at assessing the risk imposed by animals, maybe dogs but certainly not loose cows on the streets. Perfectly understandable if they assessed it as a large animal out of control and capable of knocking over and trampling on a child.

Put it another way, if I had a gun and it was charging towards me, I'd have shot it!
Wrong. It wasn't out of control, it was frightened. If you wanted to neutralise it you would get a vet to shoot it with a tranquiliser. Better still shepherd it into a safe area. The owner is bleating now but where were they as the situation unfolded.
But seriously, ramming a cow with a police car, that's as thick as a whale omelette. God help us if they ever get guns.
greenmark

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:08 pm

'The Situation Room'

You mean another thread....where Derek tells us exactly what he thinks about everything ranging from politics to pussy :geek:
Get BA to take it down OR don't read the posts then?
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:

'The Situation Room'

The only way to know if anyone's interested in a thread (like the gardening thread) is to start it. If nobody is interested, they don't post, the OP stops posting and the thread falls by the wayside. No harm done.
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:53 pm
LeTiss wrote:

'The Situation Room'

The only way to know if anyone's interested in a thread (like the gardening thread) is to start it. If nobody is interested, they don't post, the OP stops posting and the thread falls by the wayside. No harm done.
But some people don't shut up. They just keep going and going.

And going.
greenmark

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:53 pm
LeTiss wrote:

'The Situation Room'

But some people don't shut up. They just keep going and going.

And going.
So why post on this thread? You don't approve of it so walk away. Not complex. TBH I wish you wouldn't, you have stuff to say that is interesting.
I actually think the concept of this thread is a bit beyond most on the forum. Encapsulate world politics and everything that feeds into world politics. That's massive, but only indirectly linked to any odds discussions.
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:59 pm
And going.
What's all the blank lines for?

Do you realise each blank line takes up two unnecessary bytes on the forum server? :)
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:57 pm

The police did similar thing a few years ago with an Alsatian running loose on a motorway. They said it could have caused a serious road traffic accident so they drove at it 110mph and obviously killed it.

Bunch of murderers…

Return to “General discussion”