Melbourne cup carnival 2011

Euler

Looking forward to feasting on the racing this week.

I notice today that ATR are not showing the races live but with a two minute delay. First time I have seen this on the Aussie racing on ATR.
Euler

A decent session to start the day.
Zenyatta

Final Melbourne Cup acceptances were made this evening in Australia, and the field for the Melbourne cup is now set with barrier draws made. Day of race market has opened on Betfair.

Last year's champion 'Americain' is a clear favourite and the question is whether he can do it two years in a row. History is heavily against it. In the history of the cup, of 51 horses that came back the next year, only 5 have won again. And Americain is lugging an extra 3.5kg of weight (58) and that makes a big difference over 2 miles, in fact only 2 other horses in the history of the cup have won with this weight.

It would be great to score a big spectacular win on the Melbourne Cup, one of the world's greatest horse races. I'm thinking of trying some exotic bets this time around (trifectas).
Last edited by Zenyatta on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photon

Quantas strike is not going to affect the Melbourne carnival?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15504838
Euler

I imagine it may have a bit of an impact from a tourism perspective. Shocking timing.
blueport

Channel 7 have broadcasting rights to the Flemington Carnival again this year.

In previous years the pictures provided to Australian homes have been on a 3 second delay. This year the delay is in excess of 10 seconds.

Don't know if this has anything to do with the ATR feed.
convoysur

Hi All
This looks like a great movie about the melbourne cup..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-a1ipJ18FY
Marc

Return to “Australian”