Real PC percentage

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
marksmeets302

Hi,

Doing the numbers for 2011, it turned out I payed 33% commissions (including the "20%" PC) over my gross profit. Betfair wants you to pay at least 20% in commissions, but taking this to 33% is well... not encouraging. It seems to come from the fact that my activities are spread over many different accounts that all have a 5% commission rate, whereas the implied commission rate is set to 3%.

Just curious, do people that have to pay the 60% PC actually pay that in commissions or is it even higher like in my case? 60% is already ridiculous of course but everything over that is just insane.

Anyway, I've made my decision and communicated that to betfair as well: I will stop investing time in betfair and switch to betdaq. Any bot that runs now will continue as is, but I won't spend any time on new stuff for betfair.

Mark.
mugsgame

I pay 50%

The PC is calculated on your GROSS profit.
I pay around 47% of my profit after commission

So overall it's slightly higher than 50%.
marksmeets302

I was thinking... since the biggest win is always excluded, you could do something like this:

Just before the pc week ends, you make a bet with a stake such that: if you lose, you will not have to pay pc that week, and if you lose, it will be bigger than the previous biggest win. Every time you win this bet you should be ahead compared to if you didn't take that bet.

At least, that's my feeling :D Maybe I should do the numbers here as well. Aside from that it would produce some impressive spikes up and down in the equity curve.

Mark
hgodden

Biggest win is always excluded? Really?
mugsgame

The biggest win isn't excluded. If you win a huge amount (think it's over 50% of your lifetime winnings) then that is excluded. That was in the old 20% rukes, can't say for sure if it is in the new PC rules.

Anyway, being how feisty they are being with avoidance, I would not do anything out of the ordinary that I usually do.

I would rather pay it than have no account.

Return to “Betfair exchange”