Change in Betfair terms

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
John Doe

Saw this on the Betfair forum?
Apparently, customers are no longer allowed to have an exposure limit on their account that is higher than the total available funds.

This results in the absurd situation that, if our accounts are constantly growing (a big 'if' maybe!), and if we actually want to use all of the funds in our accounts, we have to contact Betfair every day to have those exposure limits raised.

I just an amusing conversation with one of the 'help'desk employees, in which I tried to get my exposure limit raised to a decent level (in the past, I've always had it above my total balance), but was refused.
Alpha322

John Doe wrote:Saw this on the Betfair forum?
Apparently, customers are no longer allowed to have an exposure limit on their account that is higher than the total available funds.

This results in the absurd situation that, if our accounts are constantly growing (a big 'if' maybe!), and if we actually want to use all of the funds in our accounts, we have to contact Betfair every day to have those exposure limits raised.

I just an amusing conversation with one of the 'help'desk employees, in which I tried to get my exposure limit raised to a decent level (in the past, I've always had it above my total balance), but was refused.
Is not this a road to disaster, using a 100% of your account is madness in itself yet alone leverage :shock:
CaerMyrddin

My exposure limits are ten times my bank role, so I'm not sure something really changed?
enzabella2009

same here
but 20 times higher..
CaerMyrddin wrote:My exposure limits are ten times my bank role, so I'm not sure something really changed?
CaerMyrddin

We're getting mean, aren't we? ;)
mugsgame

Is this on the back of the Vola de Volette fiasco?
Boing

Everything seems fine on my account.
Euler

Can't say I've seen any change?

Return to “Betfair exchange”