"RECORD" / "What would have been" Function

Help improve Bet Angel.
meiner1er

Wouldn't it be great to be able to compare different strategies under identical conditions?
Wouldn't it be great to be able to modify a strategy that failed and try again?
In practice, we can not do that. We can test a revised strategy only under new circumstances. So it is hard to figure out which strategy works actually better.

But BetAngel could help us on this by extending their software to a new function.I imagine the following...

There could be a new "RECORD" button. If pressed, the software captures the live data to a file on the HD.
Later you can select one of these "Archive-Files" and load it into the already existing "PRACTICE MODE", with the only difference that no live data are used, but the data from the file.

WOW! That would be a giant step in order to compare and optimize strategies!
You would get an answer to the question "what would have been"... :D
MarketTrader

I think Betfair prevent Bet Angel from doing this in the application. Betfair want you to pay for historical data.
meiner1er

@MarketTrader:

I can already use the BetAngel Excel VBA interface to simply store live data. That being said, BetFair gives away the historical data free of charge.

In my suggestion, BetAngel would not build itself a database with historical data. It would only give the user the ability to record and repeat a game. The user does not need to have the ability to directly access the raw data. He would be given the opportunity to play through a game again with a different strategy.

That would be a unique feature that no other (free) bot delivers yet!
Dabbla

meiner1er have you had a look at this?Might be what you looking for.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

meiner1er wrote:@MarketTrader:

I can already use the BetAngel Excel VBA interface to simply store live data. That being said, BetFair gives away the historical data free of charge.

In my suggestion, BetAngel would not build itself a database with historical data. It would only give the user the ability to record and repeat a game. The user does not need to have the ability to directly access the raw data. He would be given the opportunity to play through a game again with a different strategy.

That would be a unique feature that no other (free) bot delivers yet!
Its a nice idea, but Betfair just will not allow us to record market data in any format. We've wanted to but Betfair have made it very clear they will not tolerate recording or storing data with out paying them additional fees, per market.

However, we keep asking for this and keep looking at ways of achieving something similar. Keep your eyes open for some improvements in the very near future (pending things go to plan!)
meiner1er

I think it makes a difference whether Bet Angel as a company stores data, or whether it gives the user the ability to store specific data for themselves. For example, a company it is not allowed to record the TV program and make it available to its customers. But it is legal to sell a device with that the customers can record the TV program for their private use.

But I think the team of Bet Angel knows better than I what is possible or not. :)
Bet Angel wrote:However, we keep asking for this and keep looking at ways of achieving something similar. Keep your eyes open for some improvements in the very near future (pending things go to plan!)
That makes me hopeful that Bet Angel will surprise us with great new features in the future. :)
Dabbla wrote:meiner1er have you had a look at this?Might be what you looking for.
/
It is not what I meant by my suggestion, but it also looks very interesting! Thank you very much for this.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

FYI - We used to have a neat little tool that would collect data which you could store personally, but Betfair made us remove it from the market.

Return to “Suggestions”