lay all at back price

Help improve Bet Angel.
Lagos

In the new automation you can lay all but you have to specify a single price. It would be good to lay each indivdual runner at its back price when certian conditions are met.

Thanks
gazuty

A
Last edited by gazuty on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mugsgame

This is definitely NOT for automation.

When laying a field of runners in any market any withdrawn runners can lose a serious amount of money, especially if you recycle the money.
To make it worse, if a runner is about to be withdrawn, and everyone knows, this will distort the prices so that it will almost certainly active your trigger point and lose you money, The scary thing, is it can lose you much more than you have in your account.

Some strategies are ripe for some sort of automation. This ain't one of them.

Automation is not for beginners.
It will not be long before one of the newbies comes on here crying that their "holy grail" strategy has lost them £xxxx while they were at work.

This post sounds grumpy and curt. It isn't intended to be like that. Just adding an experienced voice that is connected to my pocket.
I have this particular T Shirt :D
Lagos

Yes thanks for the replies.
Sorry I dint make myself clear, Bookmaking is what I mean. I use the bookmaking tab most of all.

If I could trigger it through guardain/automation that would be a help in some circumstances.
gazuty

B
Last edited by gazuty on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spreadbetting

I'd have to agree with mugsgame, automation is not for beginners and adding automated bookmaking to the program would just be a disaster in waiting. Plus if this truely is a way to riches you'd be much better off it isn't available to the masses and just program it in excel, the maths is pretty simple and you have more control.

You might be aware of the flaws and not experienced any issues with NR's, gazuty, but the majority of my bookmaking profit comes from taking advantage of when those reduction factors are out of line rather than basic bookmaking so I can assure you plenty of people aren't clued up.
mugsgame

My 50% payment to Betfair every week via the premium charge means I know what I am talking about. I really couldn't give a toss if you take my advice or not.

Get on with it.
gazuty

C
Last edited by gazuty on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
to75ne

i can only reiterate what mugsgame and spreadbetting are warning you about: you could be making a grave mistake not taking their advice.

using the book making feature or replicating it with either excel or the new automation rules, and letting ba go off and lay field without any MANUAL OVERSIGHT AND INTERVENTION what so ever, will sooner or later end in lots of tears.

your bot/automation will encounter sooner than you think a false book. this happens too often, please read this thread from moneysavingexpert.com

a famous example of laying a false book.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... p?t=386063

part 2 http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... p?t=386241
gazuty

D
Last edited by gazuty on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iron

gazuty wrote:Consistent profit over a period does not necesarrily equal profit over a longer period or profit in the future.
I think that this is something that's often forgotten.

Let's say that you notice that, overall, the odds over-react at a particular point in a football match. Using that as a basis for a trading strategy might have worked fine for the past 10,000 trades. But Betfair is full of people searching for an edge (including Betfair themselves), and once the cat is out of the bag, then the edge may disappear (and the reverse strategy may even become profitable!).

Jeff
Iron

Ferru123 wrote:
gazuty wrote:Consistent profit over a period does not necesarrily equal profit over a longer period or profit in the future.
I think that this is something that's often forgotten.
A very interesting graph on this page: http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2012/04 ... revisited/

This is why people who think they have found a winning system based on fundamentals (form, going, etc) need to be careful...

Jeff

Return to “Suggestions”