Advising someone on a big loss

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
megarain

Hi.

Yesterday, a colleague of mine was trading a ckt game, and was 21k red at the break.

His trading bank is 200k.

He finished the game, 65k red, his biggest ever loss, and decided to take a 2 week break (which I think is a very sensible move).

I am thinking about advice/non advice, for when he returns.

I dont think he will put his remaining bank in danger, but, it lives in his Bf account, and .. we are all gamblers.

Anyone been in a similar situation ., do u advise, or, just let him get on with it .. fearing if u say anything, it will just aggravate the situation ?
PeterLe

Ive never seen a post on here that I can recall where they have lost that much.
I guess it's all relevant though; if your colleague is making 7 figures a year, then its probably not that bad. If he is 'only' making £200K a year then he needs to have a serious think about what went wrong.

Looking at it as a positive; if he pays 60% PC then the £65K loss is reduced whilst PC catches up :D
megarain

Thx ..

That's one of the advantages of PC .. So, long as u win in the end, it's all pretty irrelevant .. Apart from the time lost, and the fact u tend to end up hating BF even more.

I find 'tilt' in gamblers a fascinating subject .. And how to deal with it, even more so.

I confess, I probably lost more sleep the him, thinking about it, last night.

He is a winning player, across multiple sports, so expect him to right the ship - but it will be interesting to see his staking, on return.

Not trading in his normal size, would, either bigger or smaller, be a mistake, IMHO .

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”