Bet Angel Basic over proxy

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Caspa

Hi all, I brand new to all this so go easy. ;)

Initially I'm trying to feel my way around trading, but I'm having trouble getting bet angel connected to betfair whilst at work.
Connection is over a proxy and I've tried changing the .exe.config file to say 'true' at the defaultproxy value. However no luck.
Also the error I'm getting is 'unable to connect to betfair using the supplied user name and password' but the username and password is definately correct.

Any ideas?
The proxy requires a username and password too usually for web browsing etc.

Thanks
enzabella2009

try to change dns. 208.67.222.222 , 208.67.220.220
that works for abraod users as well that have the site blocked for local laws.
Caspa

How would I do that?
Thanks
enzabella2009

click on control panel, click on view network status and tasks, click on manage network connections, right click on your connection and select properties, select internet protocol version 4 ( TCP/IPv4), click on properties, tick use the following DNS server addresses then write down below the preferred dns server and the alternate dns server, finally click ok.
Caspa

Still having problems, the only solution I can think of is to remotely access my pc at home from work, which runs bet angel just fine.
However would this potentially slow down my connection and refresh of proces etc.

Anyone got a better idea? Or could anyone suggest a lightening fast remote access app?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”