Western austrailian courses

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I've noticed that WA courses just don't get the same liquidity at those on the other side of the coast. Is this simply down to there being a bigger population in the eastern time zone?
LeTiss

What a misleading thread title!

I'm sure all our Australian traders were thinking...........GREAT!! Peter's coming to Perth
ancientsong

you've nailed it peter, I'm From western Australia, we have the biggest state in australia, we support the whole country with our Mining exports but we don't have the population the east coast has, all the action is in sydney and Melbourne. so if your trading Oz Races, your better of sticking to the ones on the east coast.
andyfuller

The best racing is in Sydney and Melbourne. I guess the UK equivalent is that there is a split between the north and the south. I would say that the reason for the difference in liquidity is because of the quality of racing rather than the level of population.
blueport

I think the majority of serious punters ignore WA racing except for maybe the Perth Cup Carnival around new year. This is only time I have seriously tried to trade the WA markets.

Its generally thought the quality of horse racing in WA is below that of the eastern states. Every year horses travel to the eastern states and perform well though. Two of the best from WA were Placid Ark and Northerly

Return to “Australian”