Investing in learning

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
NinjaLizard

I've read a good few books on trading and betting, now I'm looking for something else, but not sure what..to accompany me whilst I'm gaining more experience. At the minute I've got my eye on a "video pack" from a fairly well known pre race trader but for £147 I'm not sure if it's a bit of a steep price, so what I'm looking for which could well be useful for others too is recommendations of books, videos, courses, subscription sites or any other useful product or service that are worth digging deep for. I'll try to attach a screenshot of my book collection if I can to show what I've already read and found useful. Thanks in advance

Ps I'm not looking to start another 'book' thread but more a list of all different learning resources.
Last edited by NinjaLizard on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NinjaLizard

I'm unable to add the screen shot of my IBook collection but here are the majority of books I have on my iPad which I've read and found useful.

Trading in the zone, the disciplined trader, no easy money, thinking fast and slow, the black swan, fooled by randomness, mastering betfair, enemy number one, horse racing; the statistical route, horse racing; the inside line, way of the turtle, pre-race trading guide, the betting edge, the definitive guide to betting on horses, the new market wizard series.
maycontainnuts

Loads of good stuff on the forum and the blog. Whatever you do don't spend money watching people describe successful trades. You don't really learn much from that. But pro traders on the forum often don't give away much either but there is plenty on here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5106
NinjaLizard

Thanks for your reply, I'm constantly digging around in the forums on here and elsewhere, and definitely pick a lot up, I'm not looking for a definitive guide/answer/strategy just very keen to learn as much as I can and I've always been of the idea that 'you get what you pay for'. However I know this isn't always true! I'm just very interested in following the paths of successful people.

Something that has helped me a great deal with understanding value and probability was actually a free course I found on ITunes U which was called statistics 110: probability and it's by Harvard. I would highly recommend this course to anyone even just out of general interest.
hasham12

thats just superb. your knowledge helped me alot

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”