SETTING TRIGGERS FOR IN PLAY AND CLEARING ALL OTHER SETTINGS

The sport of kings.
aubweaver

HI I'm another newbie and I wanted to set triggers in horse racing in advance for in play but noted that all bets are cleared at the start.Is there a way to set triggers/bets to automatically go 'in play' or set it up for in play only? Also how do I clear all the settings on the screen?
Unfortunately I'm in Australia betting on the UK scene and if I have to re enter the bets for in play I'll have to sit up all bloody night...!
Thanks Aubweaver
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Do you have a non AUS account as they don't allow inplay betting from there?
aubweaver

Hi, I have an aussie account and I have done quite alot of in play betting with Betfair on the UK market (and I think also with the trial version of Betangel 8 months ago) without any problems, alas burning the midnight oil, which tends to make it a bit tough after a couple of weeks..! Hence giving Betangel a go again, ie setting triggers, maybe looking into excel or other avenues. I'm really only interested in the UK market at this time however I have noted that a number of tracks in 'Aus' on Betfair are going in play which I don't think was the case 6+ months ago?? So maybe there's been a change locally??
Back to the question 'setting triggers' it seems strange that I can nominate to 'go in play' if a bet is not matched but I cannot set a trigger to do the same. If I want to back horses that are'çoming in'I need to set triggers or the system will automatically back whatever the odds are above, hence they would all be backed which I don't want.
Thanks for your reply any help or ideas would be appreciated, otherwise it's back to the midnight oil or of course come back to good old blighty for a couple of years!
Peter
aubweaver

Hi
Following on from the above and a quick note and question. I did an in play 'triggered'bet last week having set the trigger at 16.5 with the parameters set at 16.5 to 8 three horses were triggered and matched the lowest match getting odds of '8',however when I checked the 'Time Form'results later it showed the lowest in play odds for that horse was 21. Any comments? I was a bit miffed as I had done alot of analysis using an excel spreadsheet and inputting
Timeform results data which presumably I cannot totally rely upon.
Thanks
Peter. :shock:
James1st

Peter. I suspect that Timeform data will only mark matched bets at specific odds and doesnt tell you how low the odds actually went. If you collected the same data via Excel you will find an even different picture, as Excel is simply not refreshing quickly enough in-running to pick up all the odds a horse reaches, so bets in play can behave differently than the Excel data for such horses. In any case, I use Excel and "G1 = In-play" to trigger bets that I want submitted in running, so that condition is on the Excel instruction.

One of the biggest bugbears with Betfair (and BA) is tha you simply cannot back at odds lower than those on offer, nor can you lay at odds higher than those currently on offer.
aubweaver

Excellent James, I wasn't sure about excel but now I'll have to install a copy of excel on my windows laptop. Unfortunately my main computer is an Apple which has excel but Betangel doesn't work on an AppleMac or at least so I've read.Anyway thanks again, I'll now how to set up excel with Betangel...any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks Peter :P

Return to “Trading Horse racing”