The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
firlandsfarm

Archangel wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:03 pm
Recently watching a lot of videos about the nature of space and time. I find the entire thing both fascinating and perplexing.
Apparently time is relative, and slows down for objects in motion. So if you are standing still, and someone drives past you in a car, they are aging slower than you are. Obviously at these speeds the difference is minute, but if you are travelling at huge speed (close to speed of light), time slows down to massive amount. So baically, its theoretically possible to travel into the future.
Stephen Hawkin "A Brief History of Time" is a fascinating read if you are into this subject. But I must admit I can't come to terms with time being faster at the top of the Eiffel Tower than at the base!
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:22 am
I assume a lot about physics. I had a gyro as a kid and was baffled by it. Still am. I guess gravity is relatively weak (unless you've fallen out of a high building).
So you can convert energy into a force that can stabilise significant weight against gravity. But who would hop onto a one-wheel train or bus? It looks so mad but the physics do add up. Although I should point out I failed my physics o level. I blame my teacher, he was a **** and put me off a subject I was struggling to grasp.
He was the exact opposite of an educator....and was Head of Science. :roll:
Yep, I loved trying to beat the gyro by testing the limits of 'imbalance' it could stand up to.
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:51 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:36 pm
Has the price of Beer increased Dex since the government's recent budget.
I thought it's staying the same. It's hard to tell because it's only duty and makes no impact on supermarket cuts and offers.

Tobacco should be going up, my cigarettes have gone up £1 in my local extortion shop, but they're still pre-budget prices at ASDA. :D
Have you never thought of making your own Beer.
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:01 pm
Derek27 wrote:
The Silk Run wrote:
I thought it's staying the same. It's hard to tell because it's only duty and makes no impact on supermarket cuts and offers.

Tobacco should be going up, my cigarettes have gone up £1 in my local extortion shop, but they're still pre-budget prices at ASDA. :D
He probably did :)

Derek27

The Silk Run wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
The Silk Run wrote:

I've made a decent stout before, one of my mates said it was as good as Guinness. But the lager was absolute piss, commercial breweries use methods to carbonate lager that you can't do at home.

The problem is though, it takes months to make a 40-pint keg of beer. Invite a couple of mates around and it's all gone in one night!
The Silk Run

Kai wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:09 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

He probably did :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:52 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I've made a decent stout before, one of my mates said it was as good as Guinness. But the lager was absolute piss, commercial breweries use methods to carbonate lager that you can't do at home.

The problem is though, it takes months to make a 40-pint keg of beer. Invite a couple of mates around and it's all gone in one night!
I never realised it would take so long. But I suppose the more maturity, the more potency.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:29 pm
David Soul passed away, aged 80.

I didn't fancy him but always thought he was the better looking of the two and couldn't understand why 90% of the girls in my class were mad about Starsky. :)
Ah Starsky and Hutch undiluted drivel, but I tuned in, And that car was uncooly cool! RIP Mr Soul. The master of the sidelong glance.
Derek27

Poor old Andrew trying to keep a low profile, wakes up to read tomorrow's papers. :mrgreen:
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:03 pm
Poor old Andrew trying to keep a low profile, wakes up to read tomorrow's papers. :mrgreen:
Claret House Statement of Affairs

HRH The Duke of York will be in attendance with himself behind the sofa.

And later will officially open a number of cupboard doors and decide which one to hide in ...
The Silk Run

The Princes legal advisor-in-waiting Mr Fudge from the firm Fudge, Dodge & Dither will inform the press that any future summons should be served with a fish knife from the left, and on a silver jubilee platter.
Derek27

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:33 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:03 pm
People wrongly convicted, imprisoned, bankrupt and awaiting compensation can now sleep at night, Sunak's on the case. :lol: :lol:
What is frustrating is that it took a TV documentary for them to take any action. I was listening to a series of programs on Radio 4 about it a year ago ! The worst miscarriage of justice in British history. They should have stepped in a long time ago.
What really beats the hell out of me is that the biggest failure is not the Post Office, it's not Fushitsu, it's normal for people to be incompetent, corrupt and not own up to their mistakes; it's the justice system that's responsible for determining where the fault lies. You should be proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt before going to prison. How they managed to adopt a computer's always right attitude and get it wrong 700+ times is the biggest scandal.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:04 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:03 pm
People wrongly convicted, imprisoned, bankrupt and awaiting compensation can now sleep at night, Sunak's on the case. :lol: :lol:
What is frustrating is that it took a TV documentary for them to take any action. I was listening to a series of programs on Radio 4 about it a year ago ! The worst miscarriage of justice in British history. They should have stepped in a long time ago.
What really beats the hell out of me is that the biggest failure is not the Post Office, it's not Fushitsu, it's normal for people to be incompetent, corrupt and not own up to their mistakes; it's the justice system that's responsible for determining where the fault lies. You should be proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt before going to prison. How they managed to adopt a computer's always right attitude and get it wrong 700+ times is the biggest scandal.
Yes and surely they have some form of court circulars keeping judges up to date with decisions nationwide. Don't you think a judge on hearing and researching a case before him/her would stop and ask "wait a minute, what's going on here"
conduirez

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:38 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:04 am
sniffer66 wrote:

Yes and surely they have some form of court circulars keeping judges up to date with decisions nationwide. Don't you think a judge on hearing and researching a case before him/her would stop and ask "wait a minute, what's going on here"
Vennells should not just be having her knighthood reviewed, she should be charged and possibly imprisoned for trying to pervert the course of justice, as she was well aware of the failings in Horizon back in 2015 and tried to cover it up from then onwards,
But it is not only Tory ministers who have many questions to answer and cannot walk out of this squeaky clean, was Starmer not DPP from 2008 to 2013, he cannot hide behind the thin veil of these were private criminal procedings, the CPS was well aware of the proceedings, in fact he allowed the CPS to take over in a number of the prosecutions.
They are all a bunch of nasty bast**ds, I had two friends of mine lives ruined by this crap.
Derek27

Alicia Kearns MP chairing a select committee and showing a bit of cleavage. :D

Return to “Chill Out Area”