EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Euler

LeTiss 4pm wrote:It depends where you stand Peter, I personally find self-righteous political correctness as the most rancid form of decision making
I've think the whole referendum was a big waste of money and energy.
buyshirts

The promise of a referendum bought cameron some loyality going into the election looks like a heavy price has been paid for that now
jimibt

ok, polls closed and the leave odds just jumped to 16!! opportunity, or drift?? (popped a £50 back bet at 14.5 - ready to BR-exit at 8) ;)
jimibt

out at 9.6 - think we have a drift.good luck all, lets see what tmro brings
CLOWNSHOES

jimibt wrote:out at 9.6 - think we have a drift.good luck all, lets see what tmro brings
Well played mate and good luck to you too :D !
jimibt

CLOWNSHOES wrote:
jimibt wrote:out at 9.6 - think we have a drift.good luck all, lets see what tmro brings
Well played mate and good luck to you too :D !
cheers - think it may oscillate between 8 and 9ish for the next few hours (until the curtain call at 02:00-03:00) - can't be buggered waiting around tho to test that theory :). that said, i think some good action in lead up to final announcements, if no conclusive swing before
jimibt

jimibt wrote: cheers - think it may oscillate between 8 and 9ish for the next few hours (until the curtain call at 02:00-03:00) - can't be buggered waiting around tho to test that theory :). that said, i think some good action in lead up to final announcements, if no conclusive swing before
lol, nice call jim!! ;) (now 3.5)
CLOWNSHOES

Insane.
jimibt

CLOWNSHOES wrote:Insane.
sure is, tho looks like the tide might be turning back again (despite the shortening remain odds). some results for remain piling in now (tho of course, it's all a charade on betfair and will be smoke and mirrors til the final call !!)
CLOWNSHOES

Sunderland drives it in even further.

2.6 now :lol:
jimibt

if i knew then (an hour ago), what i know now... that said, lets watch it climb all the way back to plus 10 in a blink. a LOT of big trades riding on this and only takes 2-3 affirmative results (one way or t'other) at any given point to consolidate the swing either way (think sunderland will be seeking independence soon) :)
CLOWNSHOES

jimibt wrote:if i knew then (an hour ago), what i know now... that said, lets watch it climb all the way back to plus 10 in a blink. a LOT of big trades riding on this and only takes 2-3 affirmative results (one way or t'other) at any given point to consolidate the swing either way (think sunderland will be seeking independence soon) :)
I didnt see it dropping like this so quick (if at all) i must be honest. I'm sucked in now and ive got the bloody dentist at 11am :D :lol:
jimibt

yeah, i've got the school run tmro at 8:00am but am kinda pulled in here too (especially as i doubled up on a remain trade at 1.25 :)). did not in 1m years see the leave side breaching 7-8 if i'm honest and time may tell if it's all just bluff anyway, but great for trading, even if other worldly commitments are calling.. still giggling (don't know why) at sunderlands gung-ho
Last edited by jimibt on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeTiss

If this carries on I'll be back in teenager mode and wanking into a sock
jimibt

LeTiss 4pm wrote:If this carries on I'll be back in teenager mode and wanking into a sock
surely with all the money you must be making, you can afford to get a handyman to pop a tissue dispenser on the side of the bed, next to the holly willoughby shrine :)

Return to “Political betting & arguing”