Spain v Swizerland

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Zenyatta

An impressive display from Argentina saw their price come all the way in to $6.2, and Spain has now blown out to $6.80 in the tournament winner market. Clear over-reaction at this point I think.
enzabella2009

Zenyatta wrote:I just checked the market for tournament winner and Spain have drifted well over the $6 mark.

I think to my horse racing experience here for an anlogy. You're watching a horse race, it's just started, a very good horse tripped at the start and lost a few lengths and its price drifts out substantially. What do you bet on?

Think about it guys. The answer is not hard. ;)
If switzerland get 1 point against chile and 3 points against houndures there is a very strong chance Brazil to win their group and meet SPAIN or CHILE in the 16th. In that case would you back BRAZIL or SPAIN? I think, in my experience that lay SPAIN 6.8 is still good. They keep passing ball forever but, football is game to win by scoring goals not by scoring points. I heard that some spanish players are so attached to the ball that some of them sleep with the ball :lol: :lol: . The answear is very easy for me. LAY LAY LAY SPAIN.
aligammack

I still firmly believe that Spain have the Quality to win the World Cup despite yesterdays hiccup.
Even if they finish 2nd in the group they have the quality to keep progressing. Now the price has drifted, 7 could be a nice price to get in.

There aren't many teams that would leave Torres on the bench.

Here's a thought...if Spain do finish 2nd in the group how would either Brazil, Portugal or Ivory Coast feel about winning their group of death only to be faced with the pre-tournament favorites in the Quarters?
enzabella2009

aligammack wrote:I still firmly believe that Spain have the Quality to win the World Cup despite yesterdays hiccup.
Even if they finish 2nd in the group they have the quality to keep progressing. Now the price has drifted, 7 could be a nice price to get in.

There aren't many teams that would leave Torres on the bench.

Here's a thought...if Spain do finish 2nd in the group how would either Brazil, Portugal or Ivory Coast feel about winning their group of death only to be faced with the pre-tournament favorites in the Quarters?
Brazil will play one day before SPAIN on the second game then, they will play 4 and half hours before SPAIN on the 3rd game where every teams in the group must play at the same time. BRAZIL won`t risk their qualification knowing that SPAIN may qualify 2nd or 3rd. Don`t forget Chile can be more dangerous then Switzerland. I feel like the only one here to see the real % chances of sort of things happening on the WC.
If SPAIN will qualify second and Brazil 1st they will play straight in the 16th, the odds will change from 6.8 for spain to 8/9-1. In the other hand if switzerland will qualify 1st which is very possible indeed, ITALY odds will go from 17.5 to 8/9-1 if they won their group. My advice to you all is to check the table properly and spot the real % chances for tradings and SPAIN at the moment dont look good for backing it unless switzerland will be throwing everything they did in the BIN. good luck all.
rascal01

enzabella2009 wrote:ALL the spare money are on argentina to win it ( to green up in the semifinal if they made it).
If Maradona keeps playing Newcastles left winger as a RB (games for Newcastle as RB = 0) then I can see the Argies losing to a well organised pacy (down the wings) team. NIG could have & should have banged in a cpl against them - in fact, I wld consider backing an England side (with King in defence, not Carra) vs the Argies, which we cld well see, & I never back Eng.
enzabella2009 wrote: ENGLAND WON`T WIN THE WORLD CUP 99.99% sure
Cheers for that nugget. So far you have failed to back any of your punts (in these recent posts) with sound reasoning, this is one that needs little though.
enzabella2009

rascal01 wrote:
enzabella2009 wrote:ALL the spare money are on argentina to win it ( to green up in the semifinal if they made it).
If Maradona keeps playing Newcastles left winger as a RB (games for Newcastle as RB = 0) then I can see the Argies losing to a well organised pacy (down the wings) team. NIG could have & should have banged in a cpl against them - in fact, I wld consider backing an England side (with King in defence, not Carra) vs the Argies, which we cld well see, & I never back Eng.
enzabella2009 wrote: ENGLAND WON`T WIN THE WORLD CUP 99.99% sure
Cheers for that nugget. So far you have failed to back any of your punts (in these recent posts) with sound reasoning, this is one that needs little though.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was seriuos about some of the tips I mentioned but, obviously I was kidding about that 99.99%. I am confidente about some of the market movements and so far I got them spot on. I may green up argentina if on the way if they will raise me doubts . FRANCE lost last night ( lots of money where traded on 21-22/1 now is on 200/1) again I was in the right side of the betting. I did not wont to trade a penny over ITALY to avoid sentiment In my tradings but, at the same time I can`t ignore this massive trading oppurtinity. If switzerland win group H the odds of table 1B vs 2A 1D vs 2C 1F vs 2E 1H vs 2G all the favorites will be shortening and most of all ITALY ( if they qualified 1st) will go from 17.5 to 10/1 9/1 8/1 over night on the 25th of june.
CaerMyrddin

I was seriuos about some of the tips I mentioned
I'm your witness, I remember what you told by then. ;)
Zenyatta

Notice I called the Spain odds correctly. Spain had blown out to $6.80, I called 'over-reaction', the odds have come back to $6.20. I didn't have big amounts on that one, but you could have made a big profit on that price shift.
rascal01

enzabella2009 wrote:I placed a lay BET for spain no to win the WC 9 months ago. I am still convinced Spain can`t win it. THE BOOKMAKERS seems to forget that SPAIN best achievement is a 4th place in 1950. I have just greened up a massive, large and fat ammount of money.
Thank you Spain for being so overrated every WC.
bump.
Sorry!
enzabella2009

what`s Bump? They have not won yet. I am waiting the optcus paul prediction to make my final decision :D :D . I have espressed my point, it does not mean I am always right. However because of some referees decisions we could be talking about a different final. Holland deserved to win every match they played but they go in the final with Spain Favorite to win :lol: :lol: I still dont get it but If Spain won the WC i will e-mails to all my spanish friends to congratulate. Always fair play. good luck :D :mrgreen:
rascal01

Bump means to re open an old thread. It was more in jest, but also a gentle reminder to perhaps choose your words nxt time you make brash statements as per your earlier post re spain being far too short odds.
Imo you got very lucky laying Spain. The bookies didn't get it wrong, they were FIFA ranked 1, had gone unbeaten for 35 comp matches (not sure if that's world record), and are reigning Euro champs (a comp I think is more competitive than the WC). Yet you seemed to think their WC record dating back 60 years was key in formulating your decision to lay them (ok maybe 10 years ago you had a point).
Ignoring (well not even mentioning) things like how the spanish leagues have developed to one of the strongest in world, increase in funding at grassroots devt, massive increase in spanish fifa qualified coaches for youth teams etc etc, all relevant to today, now, the present...not 1950. See also Frances success in 98 and 00, following big changes to the nations footballing infrastructure.
Their odds as joint faves was pretty spot on.

As for holland deserving to get to the final, did you see the brazil game? Holland were truly shocking. Brazil imploded, and lost the game, Holland def didn't win it, Then to the semis, van bommel wld have been sent off by most refs. Seems like Holland have found a way of winning dirty, van bommel and de jong will be key if they are to win. I certainly don't expect anything like a display which reflected the total football from their golden era in the 70s. More like a Bayern Munich strategy, play ugly footy for 89mins and hope for a moment of brilliance from Robben (or Inter Milan / schneijder). For footballs sake I hope Van de Vartt starts.
Anyway good luck. Shame it has to end!

Return to “Football trading”