Psychoff - training course

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Alexander_99

Hi everyone,

A while back I made a thread here about losing a large chunk of my bank while trying strategies that were inspired by Psychoff. Since then I've made decent progress - namely that over the last month or so, I've started breaking even and then making a profit.

Over the last few months I have watched many, many matches and have read and re-read Psychoff's twitter posts. I arrived at a point where I understand what it is he sees in matches that allows him to generate these massive profits... At least I think I understand it, at least in some match situations... I think I have learnt how to "read" some match situations, analyse players' behaviour and what implications this has... For example, nowdays I have decent idea of what kind of over/under goal odds represent "value", at certain points in games...And I think this kind of knowledge can indeed be acquired by carefully watching hundreds or thousands of games. So it's interesting to see if he'll be able to pass on some of this knowledge in an online course...
johnsheppard

I would think one would be best off absorbing all the free info on the web first. That takes a fair bit of time :).... Dunno how anyone would fit it in 5 hours.
rik

Isnt he trading exclusively over/under on the football? Think I read his main strategy is watching the match and getting a feel for how openly it is being played
Anyway he made big profits with it, hopefully hasnt lost his edge, often thats when people start selling courses
Derek27

rik wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:44 pm
Isnt he trading exclusively over/under on the football? Think I read his main strategy is watching the match and getting a feel for how openly it is being played
Anyway he made big profits with it, hopefully hasnt lost his edge, often thats when people start selling courses
An automation trader would lose his edge if he gave away his automation, but there's no reason why a manual trader would lose his edge by giving away tips and secrets. You can't really give away your experience and intuition, you're only really providing guidance and tips to set people in the right direction.
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:04 am
rik wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:44 pm
An automation trader would lose his edge if he gave away his automation, but there's no reason why a manual trader would lose his edge by giving away tips and secrets. You can't really give away your experience and intuition, you're only really providing guidance and tips to set people in the right direction.
Some people have an epiphany at a certain time in their life. ie: Passing on the knowledge they've gained to help others learn. Some of it will be good, some, maybe not so good. Maybe Pyschoff is at that stage.

What value do you put on it? What will the market pay? You Tube has a lot of free content for sure, some of it good, some, maybe not so good.

I've recently started to look at Forex trading. ie: CFD's. You-Tube is an excellent resource to get started...the rest is up to me.
jamesg46

I'm not sure why anyone would think that Psychoff would lose his edge, the market has an abundance of opportunities that are perceived differently by each & every one of us. Peter has uploaded hundreds of hours of content & I dare say that hes still using those strategies when the opportunities present themselves, infact Peter even goes as far as tweeting it out live without the fear of losing his edge... myself & many others follow and watch Peter's content religiously & yet I would imagine I still only see a very small % of what Peter sees in the markets. Some of us then go on to use that to make our own perceptions, where it all goes wrong for most people & most of all why I believe Psychoff & Peter would never lose their edge, is because they're masters of uncertainty, their brains trade in probabilities. Best of luck to Psychoff teaching this to people because it goes against our natural instincts & like Peter has mentioned over & over, some people will just not believe it no matter what. I think the biggest issue like already mentioned previously is people just redistributing his content, simply because that's the only way they'll ever make any money out of what they learn... sad but true.
wearthefoxhat

Also...If you got 10 people in the same room and told them, with examples, "this is how you manually set up and execute...you'd get 10 slightly different variations/results.

If you gave the same 10 people the exact automated settings and said, this will make you money long term. 50% would give up short term, 30% would tweak the settings and then give up, the remaining 20% would either not start at all or may actually stick with it.
spreadbetting

Psychoff
@psychofftrading

Replying to
@keepitobvious
Genuine answer: According to the new immigrant rules, you must show a certain amount of income and although it is 100% legal, betting profits aren't accepted as a regular income (which makes sense). So I need a business and be taxed to be granted a permanent Visa. Fair enough?
Makes sense plus I'd happily teach 10 plums the basics of an exchange for £10K too :) Considering the basic course is £1K for 5 hours and the advanced £2K for 10 hours I'd up the places on the basic tbh.
Kai

Surely only a matter of days before someone starts selling bootleg DVDs of Psychoff's courses on the streets of S'oton, recorded with shaky phone cameras?

This recipe to success sounds simple enough I guess :mrgreen:

Like the old Southpark meme that probably nobody on here knows, it would probably go something like this:

1. Upload large green screens
2. Gather a large following
3. ??????????????????????
4. PROFIT!!!! (AND VISAS)
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:35 pm
Psychoff
@psychofftrading

Replying to
@keepitobvious
Genuine answer: According to the new immigrant rules, you must show a certain amount of income and although it is 100% legal, betting profits aren't accepted as a regular income (which makes sense). So I need a business and be taxed to be granted a permanent Visa. Fair enough?
Makes sense plus I'd happily teach 10 plums the basics of an exchange for £10K too :) Considering the basic course is £1K for 5 hours and the advanced £2K for 10 hours I'd up the places on the basic tbh.
I can now visualise scores of new restaurants opening up and charging £1000 per dish. ;)

If people hear the sole purpose of the course is to get a visa you'd think they'd be even less likely to part with a grand for a five-hour course.
ruthlessimon

psychoff wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:58 pm
Many reasons made me start this venture
If it is visa related, surely this is the better way to go (landlord etc?): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20578
Derek27

I would have thought purchasing a newsagent or small business as a going concern might have been the way to go, but his advanced course is already sold out, so that's £20K in the bag. Perhaps he's selling the course too cheaply. ;)
ruthlessimon

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:50 pm
course is already sold out

£20K in the bag
Although I disagree with it, Fair play to psy :mrgreen:
Derek27

I disagree with charging £1K for a beginner's trading course, but if the issue is over a visa I wish Psychoff and anyone else who needs one the best of luck. I'm sick of the way this government treats human beings as scorecards and produces score systems less sophisticated than I did with my classmates when I was in primary (first) school. I've noticed Patel's scoring system is in multiples of ten - can't be very accurate. I would guess a large chunk of Psychoff's premium charge contributes to Betfair's tax bill, which he gets no credit for.

Care staff considered to have low skills, traders and gamblers considered having zero skill, sorry, I should be on the rant thread. :)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:50 pm
I would have thought purchasing a newsagent or small business as a going concern might have been the way to go, but his advanced course is already sold out, so that's £20K in the bag. Perhaps he's selling the course too cheaply. ;)
Imho that's relatively cheap for the value that you're getting, I was expecting something closer to 5k for the advanced stuff, although I doubt he's going to be teaching the scalping parts, just how to find value and stuff. One of my friends has been selling his niche tennis edge for like 20k for years, he's been trying to promote his stuff and everything :mrgreen: Not sure I agree with that one but his edge probably doesn't really have the longevity compared to Psychoff's edge, so maybe it makes sense to try and cash in while you can.

The visa part though is a huge bummer for all foreigners, this gives us the perfect excuse to sell all sorts of stuff, I love it :mrgreen: I've not really looked at the business side of things from that angle, but there is definitely a market here. Very few genuine traders around with quality stuff, something to ponder for sure.

Return to “Football trading”