Next Tory Leader & May's Exit Date (2019)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
wearthefoxhat

Quick comparison.

Before the Contestants were anounced. + 2 £million trades since.

UKPartyCons.PNG

Today, before the 1pm drop outs 8-)

June13th.PNG

Bojo strong. Jeremy Hunt in the final?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

Unless, you have a massive hunch, I wouldn't advise leaving a large open liability on this leading into the 1pm results! - I suspect there will be some massive price movements this afternoon
LeTiss

Boris is starting to cave in now. It's clear some other people have the same idea as me...........the official date for the Leadership announcement is 22nd July, but the media are suggesting that Boris might even have it wrapped up after the first 2 ballots. In other words, it might be still worth a nibble at 8.60 that Theresa May leaves in June
LeTiss

superfrank wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:29 am
LeTiss wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:28 am
Interesting, because Andrea Leadsom is still being well backed as 3rd favourite
I know, I still don't get the Leadsom price.
You indeed are 'Super', superfrank...........Leadsom has bitten the dust
wearthefoxhat

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:10 pm
superfrank wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:29 am
LeTiss wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:28 am
Interesting, because Andrea Leadsom is still being well backed as 3rd favourite
I know, I still don't get the Leadsom price.
You indeed are 'Super', superfrank...........Leadsom has bitten the dust
Boris Johnson 114
Jeremy Hunt 48
Michael Hunt 37
Dominic Raab 27
Sajid Javid 23
Matt Hancock 20
Rory Stewart 19

Total of 30 votes on the drop outs (all brexiteers)

Next Round Tuesday 18th June. 33 Minimum required to go forward.

Updates.PNG

Quick.... £300 available to hoover up on Andrea Leadsom

betting.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superfrank

Boris is guaranteed a place in the final 2 now (assuming his supporters stick with him).
The membership are going to be 75% Boris whoever he faces.
It's all over unless he puts his foot in it or the media manage to find some real dirt.
Dallas

Two live debates coming up

Sun 16th C4 18:30
Tue 18th BBC1 20:00
jimibt

so, can anyone tell me why the Andrea Leadsom (now out of the race) price continues to drop (was at 900 earlier, now 750). obviously, not much could be made and it'd tie up funds for a long time for so little, but there must be ways to exploit these anomalies!!
superfrank

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:06 pm
Two live debates coming up

Sun 16th C4 18:30
Tue 18th BBC1 20:00
Boris won't be taking part. He's not that daft. The BBC and C4 would prepare some sort of hatchet job.
jimibt wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm
so, can anyone tell me why the Andrea Leadsom (now out of the race) price continues to drop (was at 900 earlier, now 750). obviously, not much could be made and it'd tie up funds for a long time for so little, but there must be ways to exploit these anomalies!!
Probably the same muppets that were backing her at 10!!
Archangel

superfrank wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:45 pm

It's all over unless he puts his foot in it or the media manage to find some real dirt.
The chances of that are relatively high tbh , on both counts
greenmark

Who would be PM in the current situation?
Unless they agree a tariff-free deal the party they represent will be consigned to opposition for a long time once the impact of tariffs starts to show.
If someone can present a different argument to the no-deal export crash then I'm all ears.
Perhaps damaged exporters can dive into imported goods markets where tariffs have raised prices and crushed demand.
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:33 pm
TM is still the PM and she will continue to hold that position until a new leader of the Conservative Party is declared whereupon TM will request an audience with the Queen when she will tender her resignation and recommend that the Queen invite the new leader of the Conservatives to assume the role of PM. The new leader will then be summonsed (they will be waiting very close by) by the Queen when she will ask them to form a new Government. The new Leader will then go to Parliament and seek a vote of confidence and form a Government. If that new PM cannot secure a vote of confidence then they are given a little more time to negotiate the support required to obtain a successful vote of confidence (it's 2 or 3 weeks, I can't remember the detail). If after that time a vote of confidence has not been successful the Queen would be forced to ask the new leader of the Conservatives to step down and ask 'someone else' (Corbyn!) to have a go!

REVISION
Sorry greenmark I misread your post :( I read it as who is the PM, not who would want to be the PM. My mistake. My comment was irrelevant.
Last edited by firlandsfarm on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
superfrank

greenmark wrote:
Unless they agree a tariff-free deal the party they represent will be consigned to opposition for a long time once the impact of tariffs starts to show.
If someone can present a different argument to the no-deal export crash then I'm all ears.
Perhaps damaged exporters can dive into imported goods markets where tariffs have raised prices and crushed demand.
The no-deal Brexit tariffs are nothing to be afraid of
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/03/t ... afraid-of/

Boris has reportedly agreed to pursue a "clean Brexit" - Steve Baker MP recently published a paper that he and others believe could be the basis of the way forward...
https://www.stevebaker.info/wp-content/ ... Brexit.pdf

Of course many Remainers will rubbish ANY alternative plans (because they want Brexit stopped) but there are other ways forward.
greenmark

superfrank wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:36 pm
greenmark wrote:
The no-deal Brexit tariffs are nothing to be afraid of
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/03/t ... afraid-of/

Boris has reportedly agreed to pursue a "clean Brexit" - Steve Baker MP recently published a paper that he and others believe could be the basis of the way forward...
https://www.stevebaker.info/wp-content/ ... Brexit.pdf

Of course many Remainers will rubbish ANY alternative plans (because they want Brexit stopped) but there are other ways forward.
Cheers for that. I shall read and digest.
Information from this wise community was what I asked for, so I'm grateful.
BTW if moderators feel I'movertepping boundaries, just say so, and I'll shut up. :)
ShaunWhite

People seem to forget Boris was a remainer until the opportunity arose to continue a schoolboy rivalry with Cameron and he adopted a contrary position purely as an intellectual exercise and to get to the position he's on now. He'll win the position by saying what the hardliners want to hear, but is smart enough and duplicitous enough to not take us into a no deal/no transition.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”