US Presidential Election 2016

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
to75ne

ShaunWhite wrote: I prefer the going at Kempton to be 'standard' rather than 'post apocalyptic' :shock:
:lol:

but just to see him perform in the U.N. security council surely must worth the risk of a minor/small nuclear exchange.
kerberus

Maybe this is where the funny money is coming from today?
clump.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
workpeter

it goes a long way to explaining why trump's odds are so high. The papers in the UK are very anti trump.
Zenyatta

Clinton's definitely in trouble at the moment! RealClearPolitics average polls show her clinging to a lead of only 2-3% of popular vote, which makes her position precarious. Clinton win chance down to 70%, Trump approaching 30% on betting markets. Amazing swings!
gazuty

Breeders cup then the election. Might hold a US themed party given all the entertainment.
andyfuller

This Week:

Interesting verdicts given from 18min 23 secs last night:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... k-03112016
Samo154

I can't decide! Do people think Clinton will drift past 1.5?
poklius

Samo154 wrote:I can't decide! Do people think Clinton will drift past 1.5?
I'd say she's going to 1000 :lol:
LeTiss

Send her an email and ask her......everybody knows her address!
Crazyskier

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
Send her an email and ask her......everybody knows her address!
ROFL! :lol:
Euler

Trump is just a polling error behind Clinton

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tru ... d-clinton/
ShaunWhite

This tells a very different story..

Clinton Lead in Florida Polls

The early voting Florida polls carried out by TargetSmart/College of William and Mary reveal more than just the fact that one-third of Florida Republicans seem to be voting against their own candidate. This survey also showed that Hillary Clinton – as it now stands in Florida – is leading Donald Trump by eight points, at 48 to 40 percent.

This Florida poll stands in stark contrast to a number of other recent polls that suggest that Florida is virtually a tie between Clinton and Trump. Tom Bonier of TargetSmart indicates that his firm’s polling approach and methods result in a much more accurate view of Florida early voting results.

Read more at

http://www.inquisitr.com/3669691/early- ... -election/
ShaunWhite

One factor which is always brought out in these situations is the issue of 'the shy tory', or in this case the 'shy republican', leading some people to think that Trump has more supporters than is being polled. But, this is a largely British phenomenon as Americans are generally not shy about being bullish. Their character in this respect is the opposite of ours. (Although recent event have made the right less shy than they used to be)

It will be the case that in areas where Trump is popular, there will be significantly more 'shy Democrats' rightfully concerned about hostility from redneck Trump fans. Trump fans in Democrat areas aren't usually shrinking violets.

The most interesting thing about the election betting has been the differences between the Next President market, the Winning Party market, and the Next President Gender markets. With both candidates being so dodgy it seems nobody is very certain either one of them will make it from Nov 8th to Jan 20th :!:
Euler

As far as I can see it's middle class, middle aged, white Americans that will vote Trump and everybody thinks that's mad. Going to be an interesting one!
The dog of ry

Euler wrote:As far as I can see it's middle class, middle aged, white Americans that will vote Trump and everybody thinks that's mad. Going to be an interesting one!
Also gun owners. Of which I heard there are a minimum of 100 million whom the NRA have implored to get out and vote DT.

I just need the media to whip up a "gee it's going to be a tight result" frenzy. The market should tighten, and I will sit back sippin on couple of Buds, or maybe even Coors, and enjoy the show... best laid plans

Return to “Political betting & arguing”