Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Archangel

Its just the slight lull before Ascot !
thepressure

anyone had a right grind on the races today, im scalpng and its just been a chore, seem to be back and forth back and forth
Dallas

For a pre festival lull I don't think its been to bad, expecting it more next weekend

I've caught quite a few good moves earlier in the afternoon - more than I was expecting to see
But been distracted by the RG final coming to life in the last hour or so
Dallas

thepressure wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:42 pm
anyone had a right grind on the races today, im scalpng and its just been a chore, seem to be back and forth back and forth
Not really been the day for scalping
beermonsterman

thepressure wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:42 pm
Haydock been ok ish but yer seems dead :|
Emmson

I haven't watched a footie game since the WC Final, I may tune in to see if City can reach the final frontier, imagine if they blew this one.

As recently as 19th May 1992 Nottingham Forest had won 2 more European Cups/Champions League than Barcelona :D

EDIT

Sorry for posting this in wrong thread, UNINTENTIONAL!
ANGELS15

My apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I thought there was a thread called 'Today's Australian racing' but I can't find it.

Anyways it appears Betfair have settled the wrong horse as the winner of the 7.35 Sunshine coast.

Occasionally I dutch runners in certain Australian races. Today I dutched 6 outsiders in the 7.35 Sunshine coast. One of them was a horse called 'Keeta' and another was called 'Kubwa'. As it happened Keeta won and Kubwa came second (I had taken odds of 33 on Keeta and 55 on Kugba. I was kicking myself for not doing the forecast comb (usually for a tiny stake for interest, forecast with Hills paid £684).

It was taking a long time for Betfair to settle the market, they're nornally pretty swift at settling. Nearly 40 minutes went by during which I was assuming there was a stewards enquiry and the possibility of and amended result.

Sure enough after about 45 minutes Betfair paid out but on Kubwa. When I checked the Hills site later it still showed Keeta as the winner and Kubwa had been placed 5th? This is the same on The Australian racing sites.

I wouldn't have gotten my forecast after all.

Fortunately I backed both horses but it's frustating sometimes when you don't know what is going on. Perhaps some of our Australian members watched the race and can shed some light.
ANGELS15

Australian websites now show Kubwa as the winner of the 7.35 Sunshine Coast!
beermonsterman

25 tick swing at windsor had a field day on that beauty :lol: its like watching an airplane pull up too sharply until it stalls then falls back down to restart engine and repeat
Emmson

Volume is ABYSMAL today on the nags. No other word for it.
Dallas

Emmson wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:49 pm
Volume is ABYSMAL today on the nags. No other word for it.
Volume is always below average in the run up to a festival, I usually use this week to start preparing for RA and only nip in and out of the odd market
Emmson

:!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Emmson wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:19 pm
Sorry I thought were on about here and now as in today/this week

Unfortunately horse racing is one of many sports that's seen a steep decline in traded volume over the last few years
Emmson

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:50 pm
Emmson wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:19 pm
Sorry I thought were on about here and now as in today/this week

Unfortunately horse racing is one of many sports that's seen a steep decline in traded volume over the last few years
I was actually posting about today before I went big picture, even in the grip of long term declinism today seems very bad indeed.
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:50 pm
The ray of sunshine is that the number of transactions has remained reasonably steady. It's the £/bet that's down. I'm reading that as there being the same interest but everyone's too broke to have decent sized bets. If the economic conditions improve I expect the volumes to pick up again. Maybe not to the previous peak because there's more ways to spend a leisure £ these days, but enough to cheer us up.
Tbh it would be strange if volume wasn't down given the state of the country.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”