Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:50 pm
napshnap wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:26 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:55 pm

From the Beeb - "Russia's deputy foreign minister said "it goes without saying that we always call for restraint" ".
What version of reality are the Russian hierachy living in?
But I'm equaly mystified why Hamas thought this new attack was a good idea. Talk about stirring up a hornets nest. Israel is ruthless and will retaliate with every means possible. What was in the minds of the Hamas leaders? I can only assume that Iran has promised more support, but that still won't stop Israel.
I guess "It's a mad world" sums up both conflicts.
I'm wondering if it's a leakage of supplied weapons to the conflict zone made it possible...

Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu:
"...Second, we also have concerns that any systems that we give to Ukraine would be used against us because they could fall into Iranian hands and be used against us. And by the way, that’s not a theoretical possibility. It actually happened with the Western anti-tank weapons that we now find at our borders. So we have to be very careful here ..."

viewtopic.php?p=331245#p331245
It will not make a differece whether weapons leak into Hamas and Hebollah. Israel is bigger and stronger and is determined to maintain the Jewish state.
The irony for me is that Israel and Palestine united would be a formidable force.
But no, far better to run around like headless chickens slaughtering each other indiscriminately. I despair!!!
Israel may well be bigger and stronger but it beggars belief how they missed this coming. They have a large number of informants in Gaza but nobody said a word. There iron dome seemed to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of incoming rockets. And how hundreds of terrorists just enter unchallenged is mind blowing. A major set failures all round.
napshnap

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:17 pm
greenmark wrote:
napshnap wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:26 pm

I'm wondering if it's a leakage of supplied weapons to the conflict zone made it possible...

Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu:
"...Second, we also have concerns that any systems that we give to Ukraine would be used against us because they could fall into Iranian hands and be used against us. And by the way, that’s not a theoretical possibility. It actually happened with the Western anti-tank weapons that we now find at our borders. So we have to be very careful here ..."

viewtopic.php?p=331245#p331245
It will not make a differece whether weapons leak into Hamas and Hebollah. Israel is bigger and stronger and is determined to maintain the Jewish state.
The irony for me is that Israel and Palestine united would be a formidable force.
But no, far better to run around like headless chickens slaughtering each other indiscriminately. I despair!!!
Israel may well be bigger and stronger but it beggars belief how they missed this coming. They have a large number of informants in Gaza but nobody said a word. There iron dome seemed to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of incoming rockets. And how hundreds of terrorists just enter unchallenged is mind blowing. A major set failures all round.
Maybe an internal struggle for power created the opportunity or maybe they allowed that to happen to close the problem once and for all (seriously, they called hang gliders attack - the "air attack").
Last edited by napshnap on Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:43 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:17 pm
greenmark wrote:

Maybe an internal struggle for power created the opportunity or maybe they allowed that to happen to close the problem once and for all (seriously, they called hang gliders attack the "air attack").
I can't see this ending in anything other than increased hositility. Hamas really have lost their minds. Israel is and will continue to retaliate and seek to crush what they see (and perhaps we all will now) as a threat to Israel.
Hostages won't stop Israel.
Talk of a ceasefire is laughable.
greenmark

Since the demise of the expansionist empires - Rome, Britain, Spain, Germany, Russia has any resort to violence succeeded?
The Falklands?
Unseating Gaddafi or Saddam?
Archangel

What exactly is the difference between Hezbollah and Hamas ?
greenmark

Archangel wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:28 pm
I really don't know the answer to that question.
But neither seem to be close to any sort of resolution.
It amazes me that we think killing is a solution to anything.
What a bunch of dickheads!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:14 pm
Archangel wrote:
It amazes me when people think killing is not a solution to anything. What do you do when a nutcase with an AK47 starts firing indiscriminately in a public place? You kill him!
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
"Hamas is primarily a Palestinian organization based in the Gaza Strip, while Hezbollah is a Lebanese organization with a strong presence in Southern Lebanon. Hamas is an offshoot of the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood, while Hezbollah is a Shi'ite Muslim organization that shares close religious and strategic ties with Iran"
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:56 pm
greenmark wrote:
Archangel wrote:
It amazes me when people think killing is not a solution to anything. What do you do when a nutcase with an AK47 starts firing indiscriminately in a public place? You kill him!
Derek27 I respect your opinion. An AK47 isn't a solution to anything other than the ending of one or more lives. An AK47 is a piece of shit.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:04 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Derek27 I respect your opinion. An AK47 isn't a solution to anything other than the ending of one or more lives. An AK47 is a piece of shit.
Yes, but killing the guy carrying the AK47 ... with another AK47 can save lives.
Kai

Michael5482 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:37 pm
Just waiting for the 3pm kick offs and checked the news and seen this from Russia in relation to the Hamas attack on Israel this morning:

"We call on the Palestinian and Israeli sides to implement an immediate ceasefire, renounce violence, exercise the necessary restraint and establish, with the assistance of the international community, a negotiation process aimed at establishing a comprehensive, lasting and long-awaited peace in the Middle East,"

Maybe practice what they preach in relation to events in Israel in the Ukraine instead of threating everyone with nuclear missiles every other day might be a good start.
They're openly trolling, you wouldn't be surprised if Russia instigated and financed these attacks

Iran is a huge issue as well

Shocking scenes
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Archangel wrote:
That's not a problem, the system that keeps reproducing them for an unclear purpose is.
napshnap

Kai wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:11 am
Michael5482 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:37 pm
Just waiting for the 3pm kick offs and checked the news and seen this from Russia in relation to the Hamas attack on Israel this morning:

"We call on the Palestinian and Israeli sides to implement an immediate ceasefire, renounce violence, exercise the necessary restraint and establish, with the assistance of the international community, a negotiation process aimed at establishing a comprehensive, lasting and long-awaited peace in the Middle East,"

Maybe practice what they preach in relation to events in Israel in the Ukraine instead of threating everyone with nuclear missiles every other day might be a good start.
They're openly trolling, you wouldn't be surprised if Russia instigated and financed these attacks

Iran is a huge issue as well

Shocking scenes
Did you read this? viewtopic.php?p=339717#p339717

Also, there are number of ethnical jewish people in high positions in the gov, the state's companies and major private companies and a lot of jewish people immigrated from soviet union to Israel. So the two countries (Russia and Israel) are seriously interconnected. I believe that's the main reason Israel doesnt sent lethal weaponry to the conflict zone.
Kai

napshnap wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:54 am
Did you read this? viewtopic.php?p=339717#p339717
I'm sure that's a contributing factor as well

But it plays nicely into the Kremlin narrative doesn't it, "don't support Ukraine with weapons, they end up in the wrong hands"
Derek27

Archangel wrote:
They're wankers and tossers respectively.

Return to “Chill Out Area”