RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
weemac

How could a Romanian operative paid less than a hotel toilet cleaner and given little or no training by a company who removes its email and telephone contact facilities in order to avoid customer contact be expected to know about an obscure charge unknown to probably 99.7% of all BF's customers?
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:45 pm
Me: Hi, I had some matched back bets at Taree this morning that were voided following the abandonment of the meeting. Could you please confirm whether or not the abandoned race will count as a turnover charge market, for the purpose of staying under the 24 market limit?
The sad thing is that person is not alone, they lurk in just about all Customer Chat services everywhere. I had a similar experience with Betfair over the use of a VPS. They told me it's against Betfair rules and that if I was found to be using one my account could be closed. The trouble was I was asking about the geographical implications of using a VPS and the guy thought I had mis-spelled VPN! :lol: :lol: :lol: On clarifying the difference he admitted he had never heard of a VPS and didn't have a clue what it is!
Derek27

The most annoying thing is their reluctance to admit, even to themselves that they haven't a clue what you're talking about and seem to play a game where they have to guess or work it out, instead of simply passing the query on to a manager.

I've had similar problems reporting penny shavers but I've noticed now that you can upload an image using the chat facility. In future, I won't bother getting into a conversation but just upload a snapshot of the penny bets with ref numbers and prepared statement for them to pass on.
Kai

I for one always try to be nice when dealing with support in general and prefer to look at the bigger picture instead, not much point in venting my frustrations on some poor support guy that is most likely underqualified for his position due to Betfair's policy of cutting costs across the board. Their job most of the time is to literally absorb abuse from disgruntled customers, and for me personally spouting abuse at someone who can't even fight back doesn't sound too fair. I understand that they are an easy and obvious target, but like it often is, if it's so blatantly obvious then it's obviously wrong.

I find that they do serve a purpose so they're far from completely useless, but if you I have to resort to asking anything overly complicated from them then it was most likely my own fault in the first place. Knowing how to talk to support is a skill like any other, including being aware of the level of assistance that they're able to provide, one should honestly already know how the conversation is going to play out in advance, they're just following protocol to the letter, that is literally their job. Not much sense in getting worked up over nothing.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:07 pm
Their job most of the time is to literally absorb abuse from disgruntled customers, and for me personally spouting abuse at someone who can't even fight back doesn't sound too fair.
I must admit, I fell short of your high standard earlier this year when I really lost my temper with a Virgin Media call centre employee. Every time I asked a question that she couldn't answer she simply repeated the last thing she said or read a completely unrelated script.

In my defence though, I had been through the stress of moving and the stakes were high - no internet connection and trading was in the balance. Also, I did ask to speak to the manager and started abusing her. :lol:
Kai

Yeah, but morals aside, if your goal is to get results and answers ASAP then it doesn't make sense to patronize or abuse support because the only way they can fight back is by purposely annoying you with script reading and going out of their way to be generally unhelpful. From my own experience they are much more likely to go the extra mile for me if I ask them nicely and normally enough.

For all you know, they too might be copy pasting your conversations amongst their colleagues/friends and laughing at your questions or annoyance in their own way :D

Besides, doesn't Dallas provide automation support for Bet Angel customers, besides his own trading and stuff? If a small part of his job is to provide support then he can technically be considered a part of customer support as well, and I can't imagine anyone on here abusing him for it, he goes the extra mile to help out because people for the most part ask nicely.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:06 pm
For all you know, they too might be copy pasting your conversations amongst their colleagues/friends and laughing at your questions or annoyance in their own way :D
That would make a pretty good training manual if they took it seriously. :lol:

I have a friend who got a part-time job with the DWP on the Universal Credit helpline (that's unemployment benefits for people not in the UK). She was compelled to quit after three people on the same day threatened to commit suicide. She insists that when she's on the customer end of the line, if she finds somebody's been helpful she makes a point of telling them and giving praise so they know they're on the right track. That's exactly what I'll do with Betfair if it ever happens. :)
Derek27

Bring back hanging - or at the very least stocks, with pennies instead of rotten tomatoes. :x
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:23 am
Bring back hanging - or at the very least stocks, with pennies instead of rotten tomatoes. :x
Capture.PNG
Derek, did you try to ask bf why they tolerate that nonsense? It's obviously not good for their system and clients. It's just annoying market noise like mosquitoes. It provocates 1000 bets limit excess.
Derek27

napshnap wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:24 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:23 am
Capture.PNG
Derek, did you try to ask bf why they tolerate that nonsense? It's obviously not good for their system and clients. It's just annoying market noise like mosquitoes. It provocates 1000 bets limit excess.
I don't bother chatting to them, I just send a template message and bet ID. LP did post on the today's racing thread over a year ago that Betfair had imminent plans to tackle the problem but they don't seem to have materialised.

viewtopic.php?p=165818#p165818
Derek27

I moved my garden table and chairs indoors last night, boarded up the windows, 5 feet of sandbags - the wind was barely enough to blow out a candle. :lol:

Or maybe I slept through the worst of it. :D
Derek27

Just back from the supermarket. Nothing on the shelves yet everybody's got a mountain of food in their trolley!!

Where the fuck do they get it from??
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:20 pm
Just back from the supermarket. Nothing on the shelves yet everybody's got a mountain of food in their trolley!!

This 'panic buying' hasn't hit Ireland yet, I was at the supermarket this morning and the only impact of the coronavirus I noticed apart from the woman who had her jacket zipped up nearly over her head was a polite sign where the andrex was saying customers were limited to 4 items each. I think that might change as the weeks go on!

I did see social distancing in action over where the pot noodles were though, they were spaced about 6 inches apart for some reason!
Dallas

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:25 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:20 pm

This 'panic buying' hasn't hit Ireland yet, I was at the supermarket this morning and the only impact of the coronavirus I noticed apart from the woman who had her jacket zipped up nearly over her head was a polite sign where the andrex was saying customers were limited to 4 items each. I think that might change as the weeks go on!

I did see social distancing in action over where the pot noodles were though, they were spaced about 6 inches apart for some reason!
Saw earlier that Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's and Aldi are now limiting people to 3 of the same grocery item, and 1 or 2 items for toliet rolls, hand sanitizer long life milk etc
Trader Pat

Dallas wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:32 pm
Saw earlier that Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's and Aldi are now limiting people to 3 of the same grocery item, and 1 or 2 items for toliet rolls, hand sanitizer long life milk etc
Makes you wonder where its going to end

Return to “General discussion”