TPD Feedback and Issues

Integrate live racecourse data into your favourite Betfair trading interface from TPD.
TPD-Zone

Apologies for the delay in issuing this - an update re the coupling issue - horses in the US with the same owner being 'coupled' for betting purposes and numbered 1 and 1A, and subsequently the TPD data, re horse , being duplicated in 1A.

1A is not supported by Bet Angel, in the current version, so they are both given saddlecloth 1, the saddlecloth being extracted from Betfair. So when the TPD data is attached, you get two copies of 1 and not the real data for 1A. Bet Angel aim to fix this in the next release.
SomeDude

TPD-Zone wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:55 pm
Apologies for the delay in issuing this - an update re the coupling issue - horses in the US with the same owner being 'coupled' for betting purposes and numbered 1 and 1A, and subsequently the TPD data, re horse , being duplicated in 1A.

1A is not supported by Bet Angel, in the current version, so they are both given saddlecloth 1, the saddlecloth being extracted from Betfair. So when the TPD data is attached, you get two copies of 1 and not the real data for 1A. Bet Angel aim to fix this in the next release.
I'm not sure what Bet Angel has to do with this issue. While what you're saying may be true, the telemetry data I received was duplicated for the runners. I would expect to see unique telemetry data for each runner and then, if Bet Angel had an issue with runner numbers being conflated, the bet might be laid incorrectly. So, it seems there's still very much an issue on the TPD side... unless you're saying that the telemetry data is somehow adjusted by Bet Angel?
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:

No Sam Houston again tonight despite being advertised as available.
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:

It would be good to have an update on Gulfstream turf races. They continue to be advertised as TPD covered and continue to connect (and so count towards remaining quota) but most data is nil throughout every race.
captainbang

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:30 pm
TPD-Zone wrote:

It would be good to have an update on Gulfstream turf races. They continue to be advertised as TPD covered and continue to connect (and so count towards remaining quota) but most data is nil throughout every race.
Well thats not right at all! I might have to stop doing the US racing as I didnt know that was the case. My bot wouldnt fire all the time so when i see no bets placed in the logs i just assumed conditions were not right.
Its expensive enough as it is and not willing to use up my credits on the US until US issues are sorted.
Fair play to you btw reporting all these issues btw
TPD-Zone

An update re the Gulfstream issue; the problem has been identified as being due to the data provider in the US not transmitting the custom race progress feed for Gulfstream turf races. Hence no Position, Distance to finish and Distance to leader metrics in Bet Angel. The Developers have been asked to automatically pull the turf races, until such time as we have a permanent fix. In the meantime it may be an idea to avoid the following turf races:
Sat 29th Jan
17:28
18:17
19:31
20:36
21:49

As regards recent problems generally, I can tell you that early next week we will announce a form of compensation for all users and this is likely to be a totally free month.
Thanks
captainbang

No percentage of race remaining data coming through on Lingfield
Capture35.PNG
captainbang

No percentage of race remaining again at Lingfield.
Capture35.PNG
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:20 pm
An update re the Gulfstream issue; the problem has been identified as being due to the data provider in the US not transmitting the custom race progress feed for Gulfstream turf races. Hence no Position, Distance to finish and Distance to leader metrics in Bet Angel. The Developers have been asked to automatically pull the turf races, until such time as we have a permanent fix. In the meantime it may be an idea to avoid the following turf races:
Sat 29th Jan
17:28
18:17
19:31
20:36
21:49

As regards recent problems generally, I can tell you that early next week we will announce a form of compensation for all users and this is likely to be a totally free month.
Thanks
Thanks for the update.
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:20 pm
Thanks

An unusual and potentially very costly issue today in Tampa Bay 19:13 race 5.

Horse 'Angelus Diamond' was around 220m out when his 'distance to finish' skipped from 212m, to 315m, to 653m, to 0m, to 160m within space of three seconds. This put him, firstly, several furlongs behind and then suddenly many lengths clear in front (and winning the race based on the data), even though he was always a distance behind the top 3. This was the only horse affected, data for all others flowed as normal.

It would be extremely useful to understand the cause of this error as it would help to build protection into my automation against similar occurrences in the future. Please can you let us know what caused this issue and what data was affected?

Thanks
verance

Are TPD connections separate for each race? I'm getting "Over connection limit" error I think when previous race runs late/goes to a photo/stewards enquiry. Any way to disconnect via automation?
verance

verance wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:35 pm
Are TPD connections separate for each race? I'm getting "Over connection limit" error I think when previous race runs late/goes to a photo/stewards enquiry. Any way to disconnect via automation?
Ok, it isn't actually down to this. I closed all connections after the 17:30 at Wolves. I'm running 3 separate instances of BA and it's connected to the 18:00 on 2 but giving an error on the 3rd. I'm on the 3 connection plan so not should be working

31/01/2022 18:00:03.101:Stream_37: Status Response:{"status":"unauthorised","access":{},"message":"over connections limit"}
TPD-Zone

verance wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:20 pm
verance wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:35 pm
Ok, it isn't actually down to this. I closed all connections after the 17:30 at Wolves. I'm running 3 separate instances of BA and it's connected to the 18:00 on 2 but giving an error on the 3rd. I'm on the 3 connection plan so not should be working

31/01/2022 18:00:03.101:Stream_37: Status Response:{"status":"unauthorised","access":{},"message":"over connections limit"}
If you are subscribed to the Standard Plan then yes to 3 connections. However you are limited to 2 concurrent IPs. Could this be the issue?
verance

TPD-Zone wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:11 pm
If you are subscribed to the Standard Plan then yes to 3 connections. However you are limited to 2 concurrent IPs. Could this be the issue?
Shouldn't be, I'm using exactly 2 IPs. I've gone back via email to support
jamesedwards

TPD-Zone wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:11 pm
Any update on what went wrong with Angelus Diamond data from Tampa Bay 19:13 race 5 on Sunday please?

Return to “Bet Angel - Total Performance Data - FAQ's”