Betfair chart / Betfair graph of the day

The sport of kings.
gutuami

three big outsiders matched at 1.53
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
switesh

'Shamaal Nibras' in the 2:20 at Leicester.

Talk about 'Trend and Reversal'.

I "guessed" a reversal (watching SMA, PSAR) when it was trading at 3.5 but didn't play it because I had no reason or confirmation. Then I noticed the 4th and 5th runners steaming in together. By this time Shamaal Nibras was trading at 4 and price seem to 'stick' so didn't play it - just watched the drift all the way to 5 till the off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superfrank

switesh wrote:'Shamaal Nibras' in the 2:20 at Leicester.

Talk about 'Trend and Reversal'.

I "guessed" a reversal (watching SMA, PSAR) when it was trading at 3.5 but didn't play it because I had no reason or confirmation. Then I noticed the 4th and 5th runners steaming in together. By this time Shamaal Nibras was trading at 4 and price seem to 'stick' so didn't play it - just watched the drift all the way to 5 till the off.
interesting one that. was 7/4 with the bookies (fearing yet another Hughes winner) and there was an overreaction against that possibility on the exchanges. Sham N was about 4.7 at the off and eventually traded at less than 1.1 and beaten by a short head.
switesh

Oscar Rock - in the 4:30 at Taunton.

Fat Fingers?? - 1.2k matched at 1.06
gutuami

today Newmarket 7f Mdn when the market reopened for photo-finish somebody backed the wrong horse for 8k. For a sec there were two horses at 1.01
Euler

One of the best trading opportunities you will see this week!
121105 - Khazium_5595323.png
rogerlisa

Euler
As you are probably aware I am trying tolearn the ropes of trading. Could you please give me a rough guide as to why this chart indicates a good trading opportunity. Is it basically because of the rapid up and down movements or am I missing the point?
P.M me if you wish
mugsgame

rogerlisa wrote:Euler
As you are probably aware I am trying tolearn the ropes of trading. Could you please give me a rough guide as to why this chart indicates a good trading opportunity. Is it basically because of the rapid up and down movements or am I missing the point?
P.M me if you wish

The Khazium chart show the horse that was very strong and well backed, just before the off the horse started to play up at the start and looked like it wouldn't jump off, hence the drift.
This is basic stuff you need to understand before you seriously bet any real money.
rogerlisa

Yes can see the movements. I had sorted that myself just wanted confirmation and check my interpretation. Thanks.
On a discussion point if you wish. Some months ago when I realised what difference was between trading and gambling Yawn, Yawn, I tried scalping for first time but had no offset automation and was doing all manual. I backed the favourite at about 4.0 or 5.0 if I remember rightly. I took my eye off the screen just for a second (Mrs ear ache) looked back and it had dropped to 2.0 something or so (just before going in play), any way I immediately traded out for £200 profit. Wow I thought this is great. I now understand that these are very rare occasions! Right place right time eh! The horse romped home - so I assume someone knew something somewhere to dump that money on it to make it shift like that.
switesh

'Noble Park' in the 4:15 at Chepstow

Steamed in heavily from 4.6 to 3 in the last 5 mins
switesh

'Pastoral' & 'Ifits A Fiddle' in the 3:50 at Towcester.

I can hear some traders rejoicing. :)
Congrats to those that got it right!

But there's always somebody on the other side (Yes, me) that's taking the big hit.
switesh

Darsan in the 3:50 at Southwell

I was Lay scalping it while the Volatility band was narrow and then boom!!

Could've been a nightmare if it was the other way.
PeterLe

Hi
I know this is mainly focussed on pre race; but look at this one in running just now (12:00 Ling)

Regards
Peter
Euler

Nice, happy to see any interesting chart on this thread.
switesh

Here's one I came across when trading the 2:50 at Sandown (Australia)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”