EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Zapata

It seems Brown not quite as bad as the President of the European Council

On 27 October 2009, Tusk declared that he wants to partially outlaw gambling. There are some concerns on Internet censorship, as Tusk wants to ban Internet gambling and monitor Internet connections and money transfers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President ... an_Council
CLOWNSHOES

Emmson wrote:Always puzzles me how so many betfair traders have in the main a hard right darwinian view of the world despite betfair trading being a parasitical pursuit/profession that contributes nothing of value to the world.
Give us a break with the 'hard right darwinian'. I could be wrong but i dont think there are many on here with white power tattoos.

You say we contribute nothing of value, but what do we take out ?

Perhaps this is the answer to your point. Perhaps we are go getters who get pissed at people who are reluctant to take any initiative themselves and expect handouts.
vankancisco

Sports traders have the same access to the state as everybody else, although they do not contribute to it through income tax. In essence, it's a case of taking without contributing. One can possibly negate some of this by possibly doing voluntary work or giving to charity. But it would be easier if income tax was brought in.
knome

vankancisco wrote:Sports traders have the same access to the state as everybody else, although they do not contribute to it through income tax. In essence, it's a case of taking without contributing. One can possibly negate some of this by possibly doing voluntary work or giving to charity. But it would be easier if income tax was brought in.
What about the VAT on the colourful shirts?
Euler

Just when think the world is going mad you can always rely on a comedian can throw it into sharp relief: -

Love the song at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8
kerberus

Peter's is doing naughty things with a platypus
straight from the horses mouth.PNG
WATCH THE VIDEO XXXXX HOT WITH PLATYPUS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hgodden

Farage releases campaign song in a last minute attempt to turn the tide...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXrDLTSMVvA
Euler

I do think the referendum has been a complete waste of money. I realise the importance but it's just one long slanging match and hasn't really achieved anything other than creating divisions as far as I can see.
convoysur-2

solid move on stay
LeTiss

Euler wrote:I do think the referendum has been a complete waste of money. I realise the importance but it's just one long slanging match and hasn't really achieved anything other than creating divisions as far as I can see.
Yes, and it will be interesting to see how it pans out. Because the Scottish Independence vote has caused divisions in Scotland. I expect Remain to win, but I think there will be an angry backlash to this. I expect a few Tories to defect to UKIP, and as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm interested to see how the public preceive UKIP from here. I believe the Lib Dems are finished - UKIP will become the 3rd party, and judging by how SNP tapped in superbly to the angry 'Yes' voters, I expect UKIP to have a surge of support. Whether it will peter out by the next GE, we will have to see
Nervous

vankancisco wrote:Sports traders have the same access to the state as everybody else, although they do not contribute to it through income tax. In essence, it's a case of taking without contributing. One can possibly negate some of this by possibly doing voluntary work or giving to charity. But it would be easier if income tax was brought in.
Income from Sports Trading is subject to income tax the same as any other form of income but do you declare it? If not, you are breaking the law.

Money earned from gambling is NOT subject to income tax however, that is a world away from trading.
convoysur-2

EU referendum phone poll shows slimmest of leads for Remain
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 93281.html
vankancisco

Nervous wrote:
Income from Sports Trading is subject to income tax the same as any other form of income but do you declare it? If not, you are breaking the law.

Money earned from gambling is NOT subject to income tax however, that is a world away from trading.

Any links to info for this, I didn't realise. I did contact HMRC a few years ago but they said I didn't have to pay income tax on my activity as things stand.
knome

vankancisco wrote:
Nervous wrote:

Any links to info for this, I didn't realise. I did contact HMRC a few years ago but they said I didn't have to pay income tax on my activity as things stand.
Assuming Spread-Betting is equivalent to Sports Exchange Trading, this probably explains it...

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/Tax-free.html
hgodden

Even the hardest, rightest, most Darwinianist ;) trader would surely have to appreciate operation croissant!

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/articl ... klcQIbkiNW

Return to “Political betting & arguing”