Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

When a goal is scored in the last few seconds I don't know why the ref can't just blow the final whistle. What's the point in kicking off and then blowing it?
Archangel

Newcastle slight favourites to beat Arsenal today!
Archangel

The modern referee has an almost impossible job. A player gets touched now and they are down rolling around looking for free kicks and cards. How is a ref supposed to know when a player is really hurt I just dont know!
Michael5482

Archangel wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 5:25 pm
The modern referee has an almost impossible job. A player gets touched now and they are down rolling around looking for free kicks and cards. How is a ref supposed to know when a player is really hurt I just dont know!
Agree and it's difficult and the referees need help. Won't get it of the player's majority of them are cheats no other word for it. There's enough money in the game to start reviewing every game and giving out retrospective punishments for play acting, time wasting and diving.

Arsenal are a disgrace here feigning injury's left right and center. If I was a Eddie How I'd be telling my team not to give the ball back after an Arsenal player feigns injury and get on the attack.
Archangel

Sometimes you dont know if you are watching football or a pantomime

Diving and feigning injury has become an artform. I wouldnt be at all surprised if it was part of daily team training !
Michael5482

Archangel wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:03 pm
Sometimes you dont know if you are watching football or a pantomime

Diving and feigning injury has become an artform. I wouldnt be at all surprised if it was part of daily team training !
What doesn't help is when you see pundits like Gary Neville defending it saying it's clever, it's anything but it's cheating. All clubs are at it most players carry on like there scared of their own shadow.
Archangel

Michael5482 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:15 pm

What doesn't help is when you see pundits like Gary Neville defending it saying it's clever, it's anything but it's cheating. All clubs are at it most players carry on like there scared of their own shadow.
I think the official line is 'Game Management"

I agree though, it's just cheating no matter how they try to spin it
Michael5482

The PL relegation battle really is a race to the bottom. Can't really put into words how bad Leicester have been in that 45 mins. I can't believe there's teams that are actually worse.

I'd relegate 5 teams this season Everton, Leicester, Southampton, Leeds and Forest all for crimes against football :lol:
Euler

Just when you thought relegation was settled, Everton 4-0 up at Brighton!
Euler

1-4
Derek27

Female referee at Sassuolo.
Euler

Twenty one goals in three matches is pretty amazing. End of season madness!
xtrader16

Euler wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:05 pm
They are fighting for their lives. Maybe they should have shown so much determination throughout the season and they would be further up the table. I think the bottom 3 are gone.

I'd like to see the odds on the bottom 3 getting no more points in their next 3 games. Forgot you are a Southampton Fan. Good young squad they will get promotion next year.
wearthefoxhat

xtrader16 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:45 pm
Euler wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:05 pm
They are fighting for their lives. Maybe they should have shown so much determination throughout the season and they would be further up the table. I think the bottom 3 are gone.

I'd like to see the odds on the bottom 3 getting no more points in their next 3 games. Forgot you are a Southampton Fan. Good young squad they will get promotion next year.
Could be right, but there may be few more twists and turns before/on the last day.

relegation.png

Does anyone remember?....

price1-9.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Football trading”