Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Dallas

Its ok with that last screen shot I have figured out what the problem is.

You have the rule set to trigger twice (providing is not on the same horse) so I knew why it was betting on two runners just could nt understand the reason for the amounts

Now you have attached a statement i can see why this is

Its because your using a different currency, the rule was originally set to use £10 GBP which you have changed to 10 NOK (thats fine to change to lower stakes) but this will now be below the min stake for your currency which must be 30 NOK or thereabouts.

When you use a stake below the Betfair min (for us in the UK its £2) to get it into the market Bet Angel has to submit it in form of two bets so first its places the min of 30 NOK at 1000 which is the furthest point from the current price then the excees is removed and the remaining 10 NOK (which is the amount you have asked to be placed) is moved to the odds you placed at.

But on a few occasitions whilst the 30 NOK is at 1000 if the odds shot out it can be matched before Bet Angel has chance to work its magic and alter/move the stake value for you.

The only sure way around this is to use at least the min stakes (by using under min stakes there is always the risk your bet will be matched before Bet Angel has chance to complete the reduction) - and this is why you will also see a delay longer than 1 sec when using these size stakes as it take 1 sec for the original stake to enter the market then another second for Bet Angel to adjust it before you see it appear at the odds to placed at.
Seaside Boy

Good evening,
My first posting on this site, so will be grateful for any assistance.
Have just tried downloading this Bot to the Guardian, but am getting a message that I am unable to do so, as it was created in a different version of Bet Angel and is incompatible.
I'm using the Betdaq version of Bet Angel.
Any suggestions?
Regards.
Dallas

This Bot in the OP was created for the Bet Angel Betfair version and you would need to have V1.4.2 or above to use it.

Below is the same bot for use with Bet Angel Betdaq V1.27 or above
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DRED1

Morning Dallas. Looking back on this Back the likely winner bot,I've been looking at previous posts including the you tube clip above .

On the normal settings failing to get matched many times , probally only time i do get matched , is when theres a chance horse could lose.

Have Dud's settings above any merit ? what settings could i tune this with.

I realise this is not the winning ticket, i did the math last night, it would have to be a high strike rate to just break even, but its fun trying

Many thanks have a great weekend.
DR
Dallas

I have never tried his setting so i would only be guessing, but by backing at 1.01 you will always get a match even if it is low odds, its then just weather long term the price you get is still enough to cover any losses when they happen.

But you hit the nail on the head with "Its fun trying" and thats exactly what automation should be as well as trading its self.
Mikky

I had this same issue and found the answer through Dallas' FAQ's.

The key to this working for me is to:

1. Only have a max on 6 races in the guardian (so that it isn't cycling through as many markets)

2. Make sure that the condition that the horse has traded below a certain price is a decent nunber of ticks away from the price you want to put your back bet in at.

I haven't had any problems getting matched since I changed to these.
DRED1

Ok thanks mate . I want guardian fully loaded so I can run it all day when out, but I take your point.
What i really want is to back first horse that hits 1.20 in running, which will become obviously Fav.

then if that fav then drifts to 2.0 green up the field for an obvious red on all runners.

thanks for input
Can this work Dallas ?
Dallas

Mikky wrote:I had this same issue and found the answer through Dallas' FAQ's.

1. Only have a max on 6 races in the guardian (so that it isn't cycling through as many markets)
You can load the whole days markets into guardian and still have the markets refresh the In Running ones at the fastest 200ms rate to ensure the rule can work at its best, the link below should explain further
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
DRED1 wrote:What i really want is to back first horse that hits 1.20 in running, which will become obviously Fav.

then if that fav then drifts to 2.0 green up the field for an obvious red on all runners.

thanks for input
Can this work Dallas ?
You could add a normal stop loss to the rule (This is done on the Parameters tab) placing a back bet at 1.01 with a 100 tick stop loss will stop you out if the odds go back out to 2.0

Or you could add a rule type to close if loss value is reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Its worth noting that neither of the above is guaranteed to work everytime during IR due to the volitile odds movements especially in the closing stages
Mikky

Dallas wrote:
Mikky wrote:I had this same issue and found the answer through Dallas' FAQ's.

You can load the whole days markets into guardian and still have the markets refresh the In Running ones at the fastest 200ms rate to ensure the rule can work at its best, the link below should explain further
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491

Yeah apologies, I should have said as long as you have the race up on Bet Angel you will get the good refresh rate, but I often move onto next race as soon as it goes in play, so it refreshes slower because it runs through all the markets for me, if that makes any sense lol.
DRED1

Thanks Dallas / Mikky
yes nothing is certain but as we agreed fun trying to get a slither of an edge
thank you and good luck
DR
DRED1

Finding sometimes in certain races my backbet at 1.3 fails to get matched ?
can the re-fresh rate be incresed would this help?
D
DRED1

Just seen your refresh info thanks
D
Seaside Boy

Dallas,
Many thanks for sending the Betdaq version of this bot - much appreciated.
Seaside Boy

Is the following variation on this theme possible?

Runner A leads the race with odds reducing accordingly.
At the point when A trades at below (say 1.25), is it possible to set BA to place a LAY bet on any other runner B, C, D, E etc within certain odds parameters (say not lower than 5.0 and not higher than 30.0)?

Alternatively, would you need to set individual Bots as above for:
When runner A trades below 1.25, place a lay bet on runner B not lower than 5.0, not greater than 30.
And likewise for runners C, D, E etc.
If this scenario, then you would presumably have to set 4 bots in a five runner race, 5 bots in a six runner race etc.
Dallas

Yes you just need to add a single new rule type (dont need to create mulitple ones) by clicking on the green plus icon and add the following (or if you dont want to back the fav as wel and just want to lay the others remove the back rule type by highlighting it and clicking on the green minus icon).

General
"Place a lay bet"
set your times
Trigger 5 times (or how ever many your likely to be laying at the most)
Applies to "ANY"

Parameters
Place at "Best Market price"
stake (I would recomend staking by liability rather than fixed stake)

Conditions
"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to "By poisition (sorted in order of favourtism) 1"
Back price
is "Less" than 1.25

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to "ANY"
Lay price
is "Greater" than 5.0

"Fixed odds condition"
Applies to "ANY"
Lay price