Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:09 pm
It'sinteresting to ponder. Was Lewis's accidental flicking of the 'magic' button a one-off? Or is it the first sign he's fading? The GOAT debate could occupy an entrire thread on it's own.
But I have begun to wonder. We''re now so used to there just being 2 teams in contention (often only one).
We've lost that true level of competition. Where are Ferrari? Part of one of the biggest auto companies in the world. Where are McLaren? Formerly a byword for ferocious innovation and competitiveness.
It's all a bit too orientated around 2 top drivers from 2 top teams.
He's definitely already made more mistakes this season than the last 2-3 put together.

I don't think the GOAT will come from this generation or even the last one. For me you have to go back to the days of Senna, Prost and maybe even further. Prost never gets a look in when the GOAT is discussed even though for his first three world championships his teammates were all ex world champs (Lauda, Rosberg and Senna) and the last one he had a future world champ as team mate in Damon Hill. Winning a championship with Senna as your team mate should count as double!

It looks like Ferrari have already written off this season so hopefully they're developing a competitive car for next season, its sad seeing them scrapping in the midfield.
greenmark

Excellent! Norris 2nd on the grid. Perhaps McLaren are coming back.
Crazyskier

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:07 pm
Did you see the after-quali video of Norris's lap? He was ON POLE until the last corner!!

Absolutely outstanding, and made more so that a proven race winner in Daniel Riccardo is down in 13th - in the same car!

Norris front row and Russell 8th - just fabulous! I really hope George can score points as he came so close to doing last week before he had to retire.

CS
greenmark

Crazyskier wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:39 am
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:07 pm
Did you see the after-quali video of Norris's lap? He was ON POLE until the last corner!!

Absolutely outstanding, and made more so that a proven race winner in Daniel Riccardo is down in 13th - in the same car!

Norris front row and Russell 8th - just fabulous! I really hope George can score points as he came so close to doing last week before he had to retire.

CS
Indeed. Whether he can match that for the race will be interesting. But, he's been very good in a weak car. A race worth watching I would suggest.
Ditto on Russell.
Trader Pat

For anyone who doesn't know, there's a change to the format for the British GP

Qualifying takes place later today for a sprint race tomorrow (1/3rd distance). Results of the sprint race make up the grid for the full race on Sunday.

Should be interesting!
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:13 pm

Qualifying takes place later today for a sprint race tomorrow (1/3rd distance). Results of the sprint race make up the grid for the full race on Sunday.

Should be interesting!
Thanks Pat. I've been that busy with work that I had completely missed that! Just tuned in for P1 now.

CS
Dallas

Crazyskier wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:32 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Should be interesting!
Thanks Pat. I've been that busy with work that I had completely missed that! Just tuned in for P1 now.

CS
Never heard of that even coming in this season, sounds like it'll be quite interesting, certainly something more interesting for the crowds to watch
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:

CS

👍
Trader Pat

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:36 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

Should be interesting!

CS
Never heard of that even coming in this season, sounds like it'll be quite interesting, certainly something more interesting for the crowds to watch

Yeah just for 3 races this season but spices Friday's up a bit! Not many points on offer but adds a bit more jeopardy to the race weekend
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:43 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:36 pm
Crazyskier wrote:

CS

Yeah just for 3 races this season but spices Friday's up a bit! Not many points on offer but adds a bit more jeopardy to the race weekend
It was a bit chaotic. Jeopardy for the GP was high. Trash your car in the sprint and end up at the back of the grid for the GP. (That's my understanding).
This looks like a USA influenced intitiative to 'spice' things up.
Sadly, I think USA open-wheel motorsport is terrible.
F1 should be the apex of honing a car and driver to be the very best that they can be.
The US equivalent is flabby by comparison.
Let's not forget the US TV tried to get World Cup soccer (sorry, footy) matches split into quarters to allow more adverts.
These are the people now running F1.
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:42 pm
F1 should be the apex of honing a car and driver to be the very best that they can be. .
F1 has always been a formula race series regulated and run for entertainment. The apex of motor racing is the LLC unlimited class, faster than F1 and more advanced but dull as ditch water. Liberty might be on the letterhead but I trust Stefano and Ross to keep it true.

I was glad to hear Ross saying the next gen F1 won't be battery based. More likely hydrogen or synthetic biofuel. Hopefully it will lead to something better on our roads than these environmentally ify battery cars.... the betamax of future transport imo.

Sprint quali was OK but 30k would have been plenty.
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:09 am
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:42 pm
F1 should be the apex of honing a car and driver to be the very best that they can be. .
F1 has always been a formula race series regulated and run for entertainment. The apex of motor racing is the LLC unlimited class, faster than F1 and more advanced but dull as ditch water. Liberty might be on the letterhead but I trust Stefano and Ross to keep it true.

I was glad to hear Ross saying the next gen F1 won't be battery based. More likely hydrogen or synthetic biofuel. Hopefully it will lead to something better on our roads than these environmentally ify battery cars.... the betamax of future transport imo.

Sprint quali was OK but 30k would have been plenty.
I'm not familiar with LLC unlimited.
But on your point that the supposed clean EV's, aren't.
Thats been at the back of mind since I discovered how polluting the mining process for the battery raw materials actually is.
I really like the hydrogen idea but it doesn't seem to have the same traction as EV's at the moment.
We seem to be hell-bent on EV's.
Euler

You could have almost predicted an incident this weekend.
The Silk Run

I am surprised the USA & its coalition retreated from Afghanistan. Estimated to have one of the largest reserves of Lithium in the world, as well as other minerals, and of course coca.
greenmark

The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:03 pm
I am surprised the USA & its coalition retreated from Afghanistan. Estimated to have one of the largest reserves of Lithium in the world, as well as other minerals, and of course coca.
Perhaps they think the job is done. Relationships and contracts in place or agreed in principle.
Perhaps the Chinese are about to lose their mining contracts and the US et al will fill the vacuum.
But I agree it is a bit weird to pull out and witness a surge in violence (which they must have anticipated). And after such a lot of time, money and loss of life.
None of which is to do with F1. Sorry. :-)

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”