Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

Spurs wrote:We can confirm that our UEFA Europa Conference League Group G home fixture against Stade Rennais will not take place tomorrow after a number of positive COVID-19 cases at the Club.
Kai

Shame about the market but it's the right call.

Spurs fans are borderline depressed right now.
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:28 pm

Isn't this a massive advantage for Spurs? At least until they have to slot in an extra fixture or two later on.
By now you would think every club has a strategy for players to train in self-isolation unless they are actually sick. No?
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:45 pm
Kai wrote:

Isn't this a massive advantage for Spurs? At least until they have to slot in an extra fixture or two later on.
By now you would think every club has a strategy for players to train in self-isolation unless they are actually sick. No?
They closed the first team training facilities as well, so don't think they'll be able to use this time to train etc.

The most hectic period of the season is coming up, the last thing you want is to add more games to it.
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:02 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:45 pm
Kai wrote:

They closed the first team training facilities as well, so don't think they'll be able to use this time to train etc.

The most hectic period of the season is coming up, the last thing you want is to add more games to it.
But they all have vast gardens to run around in. :-)
And they can facetime or skype (I clearly don't know what I'm talking about here).
The biggest drawback is all these guys staying off the coke for 10 days. Good luck with that!
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:44 pm
The biggest drawback is all these guys staying off the coke for 10 days. Good luck with that!
Well I definitely won't make a coke joke, I have to draw a line somewhere :lol:

No, but this really hurts Spurs every way you look at it, they will be under extra pressure to get points if they want to catch up to the rest of the pack. With less training, less match sharpness... that could cost them the 4th spot in the end.

Now if they could just postpone AFCON as well that would be ideal, hosting such a massive tournament in a country that's struggling with civil war in the middle of this Omicron wave sounds like a terrible idea.
Kai

Champions League draw chances for the round of 16 if anyone is interested

Trader Pat

I'd prefer a Portuguese team but would want to avoid PSG obvs. Chelsea fans will be praying for Lille.
Dublin_Flyer

Lille definitely look the easiest game on paper. Ajax have the potential to be a bogey team for anyone they face, kicking ass in the league and CL this season. Man Utd v PSG, Bayern v Chelsea, Juve v Atletico, Liverpool v Salzburg, could be some brilliant lineups!
Derek27

The Brentford manager said "shit" and Gary Neville and his mate were giggling like children and checking if it's after ten O'Clock. Just ignore it and get on with the interview FFS.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:24 pm
The Brentford manager said "shit" and Gary Neville and his mate were giggling like children and checking if it's after ten O'Clock. Just ignore it and get on with the interview FFS.
Not seen it but Thomas Frank is Danish, back home they are allowed to swear on television. Different culture ;)

Carra knows this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_QtbFR9me4
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:32 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:24 pm
Not seen it but Thomas Frank is Danish, back home they are allowed to swear on television. Different culture ;)

Carra knows this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_QtbFR9me4
I was wondering where his accent's from. Knew it was thereabouts. :)
Kai

Five people have managed Watford since they last kept a Premier League clean sheet. That is some stat :o

Relegation favorites, touched 1.10 at one point.
Kai

One for Derek from a Colombian match last nite. Shit refereeing, he literally had one job :)

Euler

How does this work then? Spurs match will not be rescheduled?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59620193

Return to “Football trading”