Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:56 pm
If it were possible I would love for every single person who was on that pitch to be investigated and to find out just how many of them are season ticket holders and how many united games they have been to in the past year prior to lockdown.
I'd say very very few if any. Most of those that turned up were probably pissheads with nothing better to do.

If fans want to get the owners attention then boycott the games when crowds are allowed to be back at stadiums. If there are no fans at games next season the owners would sit up and take notice. Regarding Utd specifically, even at the height of the green & gold protests fans still turned up to the games so it didn't affect the bottom line of the Glazers so they didn't care, just like they wont care about this.
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:19 pm
I've heard the Poisson Distribution underestimates the draw, but is it normal to underestimate it to this extent?
Capture.GIF
It's generally very inaccurate as it assumes independent outcomes. So my advice is to price the draw separately when you model a match and wrap the other stuff around it.
Thanks Peter. It's remarkably close to Betfair prices for the Under/Overs for the Spurs/Sheffield Utd match. :D
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Ironic that I've now swapped to the MLS. Nashville v Miami.
Dublin_Flyer

No reports of any arrests for breaking and entering/criminal damage, or even trespassing that I've seen yet. That's pretty much giving them carte blanche to do it again.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:01 pm
Morbius wrote:
If it were possible I would love for every single person who was on that pitch to be investigated and to find out just how many of them are season ticket holders and how many united games they have been to in the past year prior to lockdown.
I'd say very very few if any. Most of those that turned up were probably pissheads with nothing better to do.

If fans want to get the owners attention then boycott the games when crowds are allowed to be back at stadiums. If there are no fans at games next season the owners would sit up and take notice. Regarding Utd specifically, even at the height of the green & gold protests fans still turned up to the games so it didn't affect the bottom line of the Glazers so they didn't care, just like they wont care about this.
I've always wondered why fans don't vote with their feet (I'm thinking back to the Robert Chase/Norwich saga). I guess fans are just too loyal to their club. Some might have nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon. :)
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 pm
You must be desperate! :lol:

I've switched to Juventus losing to Udinese
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:11 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 pm
You must be desperate! :lol:

I've switched to Juventus losing to Udinese
I don't have BT. I do miss European footy though. Smart, shrewd, technical, cynical. -)
Archangel

Juventus look like they are having a Liverpool type of a season there
Archery1969

SKY news showed a Policeman patting the fans on the back inside the ground and saying well done as each one left :o

But to be honest both teams should have been kicked out of the Premier League two weeks ago for wanting to join the ESL.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:28 pm
SKY news showed a Policeman patting the fans on the back inside the ground and saying well done as each one left :o

But to be honest both teams should have been kicked out of the Premier League two weeks ago for wanting to join the ESL.
He had a massive red book on the game.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:01 pm
Morbius wrote:

+1

I've been saying this for years
greenmark

From what I saw, it was a mix of twits and genuine protesters. But it looked like they all left in an orderly fashion when confronted by the police.
Nonetheless, I think it was a stupid, futile action.
Archery1969

Won’t Man Utd get a points deduction for failing to control their fans ?
Archangel

Archery1969 wrote:

As if the Premier League would kick out any of the top 6 for any reason. The Premier League is a product and a business at the end of the day. People seem to think greed and money only came into football two weeks ago ;)
greenmark

Archangel wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:52 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

As if the Premier League would kick out any of the top 6 for any reason. The Premier League is a product and a business at the end of the day. People seem to think greed and money only came into football two weeks ago ;)
Neville ws saying anyone that thinks the ESL is over is deluded. The last couple of weeks was just a rehearsal. They will come back again. If you look at the stats those involved are indeed the "top 6" in terms of financial clout. West Ham are next, Leicester are the interlopers. If the top 6 do break away and get excluded, Leicester and West Ham are in clover. A curious situation.
Still !00% against it though. And I think the various owners involved should be making more conciliatory noises.

Return to “Football trading”