Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Shocking goalkeeping by Ospina!
Derek27

Just clicked on the green column, missed the correct box and threw away a pint. I suppose it's better than spilling one and having to clean up the mess. :)
greenmark

Blimey! I know Traore is exceptional, in more than one way. But is he really a Barca player?
The guy epitomises athleticism, but no-one (including his team-mates) can know what he will do next on the pitch.
How does that fit with Barca ethos of "total footbal"? Baffling.
Hope Wolves have offloaded his salary and pocketed a loan fee too.

Barcelona sign Adama Traore on loan from Wolves
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60185112
wearthefoxhat

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:49 pm
Blimey! I know Traore is exceptional, in more than one way. But is he really a Barca player?
The guy epitomises athleticism, but no-one (including his team-mates) can know what he will do next on the pitch.

Total football doesn't seem to be working for Barca at the moment, so they may be trying a different approach....or not...
greenmark

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:52 am
greenmark wrote:

Total football doesn't seem to be working for Barca at the moment, so they may be trying a different approach....or not...
Do you mean results-wise or actual playing style? I don't have La Liga coverage so haven't seen Xavi's approach.
wearthefoxhat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:12 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Do you mean results-wise or actual playing style? I don't have La Liga coverage so haven't seen Xavi's approach.

Just based on how they played with Messi in the side. Trying to replicate those performances won't happen, so maybe looking to try the Premiership approach with Premier league players. (Aubameyang set to join Barca on loan too)
greenmark

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:42 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:12 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:

Just based on how they played with Messi in the side. Trying to replicate those performances won't happen, so maybe looking to try the Premiership approach with Premier league players. (Aubameyang set to join Barca on loan too)
Ok gotcha. Who knows, Traore may flourish under Xavi. I have to say I'm sceptical. The guy has pace to burn, great ball control, but has zero footballing vision and can't shoot, pass or cross for toffee. But would love him to prove me wrong. :-)
Trader Pat

Don't understand why anybody would watch Sky transfer deadline day. If you wanted to follow all the transfer news there are a handful of real journalists you could follow on Twitter who will keep you up to date with every move that happens and they do it a lot quicker than Sky.

Current headline on SSN: "Everton in talks to sign Dele Alli" Journalists on Twitter have already said its a done deal.

Breaking on Twitter right now is news that Aubameyang to Barcelona is off due to wage demands. Let's see how long it takes SSN to catch up.
weemac

Story: Aaron Ramsay could move to Rangers.
Reality: Aaron Ramsay's eating a Scotch pie and chips in Rangers' cafeteria while being fitted for his 1st team shirt.
weemac

weemac wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:42 pm
Story: Aaron Ramsay could move to Rangers.
Reality: Aaron Ramsay's eating a Scotch pie and chips in Rangers' cafeteria while being fitted for his 1st team shirt.
Fitting complete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

I'd nearly forgotten Ramsey still played football :)
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:14 pm
I'd nearly forgotten Ramsey still played football :)
TBF I've always thought Ramsey was more than a bit above par, then he had that horrendous leg break. Never quite the same, but still pretty damn good. May be too late in his career to shine at Rangers. But good luck to the lad.
Then there's Aubameyang's free transfer move to Barcelona to be announced on Tuesday. If I was a Gunner that would be "Byeeeeeeeeeee" :-)
Derek27

Bolivia v Chile put back to 20:30. It appears one of the players wet himself and the ground staff had to sweep it all off the pitch.
Derek27

Market's are untradable tonight. It's monkey training day.
On_The_Edge

Derek are you using fast pics? Faster than Betfair stream?

Return to “Football trading”